Shipping out of boston!

I woke up this morning wiped out. Seems there is a degree of conditioning necessary for a long ride! Day one was the heat, day two the stress and learning about finding a camp, day three high speeding the interstate all morning and passing everything in sight all afternoon.
Yea, im wiped out! Im going to dennys, having some breakfast and deciding if im going to take the day off. Im beat!
My second thought is to get to mackinaw coty and cross tomorrow. We shall see
3466CDC1-560C-49E2-9D14-9360D29A87D6.jpeg

I woke up this morning wiped out. Seems there is a degree of conditioning necessary for a long ride! Day one was the heat, day two the stress and learning about finding a camp, day three high speeding the interstate all morning and passing everything in sight all afternoon.
Yea, im wiped out! Im going to dennys, having some breakfast and deciding if im going to take the day off. Im beat!
My second thought is to get to mackinaw coty and cross tomorrow. We shall see
View attachment 280287
Beautiful morning, day 3 is always toughest for me too. I try to just ride a 100 mi or so to keep the flow.

Beautiful morning, day 3 is always toughest for me too. I try to just ride a 100 mi or so to keep the flow.
Yea, i think i had a bit too much fun yeaterday! Ahhh well! Mackinaw city is about 200 mi away. That could turn into a nice casual ride if i use my head!

Start the day easy and see how far you get. You probably worked like crazy before the trip and after a couple of days on the road it catches up with you. After a nice breakfast and coffee you maybe all set or ready to take the day off. You are not in any hurry anyway.

Wiped out on day 3???
:oops:
That's just getting settled in to 'the ride'!
1st day jitters are gone, 2nd day the adrenaline finally subsides.....3rd day is when enjoyment begins!
Ride to Mackinac this morning, chill this afternoon.
:biggrin:

I’m with Scoot on this one. The first day is the hardest for me. The gravitational pull from home lasts until you are tucked in the first night. I find busy interstates take the most out of me as I tend to hold my breath as I try to get out of traffic. It is easier out West as there is usually less traffic if you are trying to make time on the interstate (as you know).

I don't ride my bike every day, it will sit for 6 months at a time until I go on a trip.

Day 1 is typically your body getting used to the riding position.
Day 2 is new soreness in different areas as your body adjusts to the riding position.
Day 3 is usually a better day but sometimes weather messes with you wind, rain, cold, hot.. etc.
Day 4 and forward, usually the best because you are set and comfortable on the bike and it doesn't matter what happens after that point.

That's how it works for me anyway.

I don't ride my bike every day, it will sit for 6 months at a time until I go on a trip.

Day 1 is typically your body getting used to the riding position.
Day 2 is new soreness in different areas as your body adjusts to the riding position.
Day 3 is usually a better day but sometimes weather messes with you wind, rain, cold, hot.. etc.
Day 4 and forward, usually the best because you are set and comfortable on the bike and it doesn't matter what happens after that point.

That's how it works for me anyway.
U r correct! But, i discovered the speed limit up here is 75 mph! Blew thru a speed trap at 85 and the cop yawned! I guess im feeling better!
Loaded up on food and have quarts of gatoraid with me. Feeling a bit better. Ill do the bridge for breakfast, traffic dependant. 5D1EFBD7-A8A9-4245-BF17-372C5C108449.jpeg

I call it 'accumulated fatigue' - all of a sudden, the past days seems to 'catch up' with you. If all else fails, a short day or day out of the saddle usually 'cures' it.
Thanks! Just breaking me in! Im on the road for a bit, so getting used to it will come eventually. I was so tired last night. Im feeling better now tho.

Listen to your body. I'm enjoying your story as you go and would rather not read about an ER visit:thumb:
Are you talking about an ER visit due to being tired and dehydrated or bragging about the Patriots to the locals?

Thanks! Just breaking me in! Im on the road for a bit, so getting used to it will come eventually. I was so tired last night. Im feeling better now tho.
Glad you are feeling better. Wishing you a fun and relaxed day.

U guys better b proud of me! Rode two miles up the shittiest dirt road in the state looking for $8 primitive camping. No luck. Koa. No luck. None of the campsites will even answer their phone. So, ive got to sit at this squidless beach, which the motel provides, drinking a beer and enduring the view! Cant stand seeing the ladies in bikini’s!
Im doing this for you! I’m 4BF3F019-BF62-41D4-93B5-16722B8F17A8.jpeg856719A9-1BD6-408E-83FB-5360A4D5F8AD.jpeg6241568E-D533-4700-B5E6-35BFA1C0BD45.jpegnot selfish!
Was about three miles out on 75 and the bridge came into view. That bridge aint tiny!

In the Chicagoland area at least, that's an unpleasant proposition for a big chunk of miles. US 20 (which is sometimes co-routed with US 12 and US 45) will take you through heavy, dense urban and suburban traffic from somewhere east of Gary, IN until you finally escape after crossing the Fox River and getting west of Elgin, IL. In a distance of maybe 75-100 miles, you'd probably hit 500+ stop lights. Every one of them will be red, of course. How strong is your clutch hand? :)

BUT- outside of urban areas- I have found that US highways are a great way to travel when you have the time. You get to see Main Street USA (quite literally in many towns) and get a real flavor for what the country is like.
Last march, i idled thru nyc at about 3-5 mph and i cant believe i didnt drop the bike! All clutch! Still practicing tho!

Top Bottom