Shorai LTX18 install-Shim it on the back of the battery tray.

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Hey Guys....

Got my Shorai today and tried using the foam shims on the front side of the battery as was illustrated in a thread here...

May I suggest you shim from the back FORWARD-as the battery cover has cutouts on top for the terminals that will not be accessible if you shim the battery back from the front.

Shim the battery so that the front of the shorai rests on the front lip of the battery tray.

The 1" foam shim plus one other 1/4" shim pushes the battery forward just perfect.....

Here are some picks from various angles and she cranks like a banshee!

Thanks...Greg

Attachments

OP
OP
xlr8tion
Bike
2005 ST 1300
Thanks guys!

It took a few hours as i did the front shim back then realized the battery terminals were not synching up with the front battery cover...DOH!

Yes...I will LYK...I am being HYPERVIGILENT about killing all accessories before walking away from the bike as Shorai does not cover full discharge under it's warranty.

If you want to go the AGM route and can mod the box and paint the yellow Motobatt xxx12U....It was reviewed #1 in the "Texas battery shootout" and is on A@@zon for 69 delivered-but I am not mod prone as I always learn by screwing things up!

IMHO initial opinion its worth the 30 dollar diff over the OEM...I think you can get the LTX14(Ah) 210 CCA for 30 less......A LEO was using that as his primary on his Service bike and the LTX18 as his aux.

Cheers!

Norm

Vendor
Bike
KLR650
STOC #
Any chance that you can hook up a voltmeter and post voltage while cranking?

It would be interesting to read the cranking voltage of that battery versus some lead acid standard ones. Cranking voltage tells the story so far as battery capacity is concerned.

Norm

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Resting- 13.2V
Start (immediate fire, momentary reading) - 10.5V

I like'd seeing >13V in the morning while
on the road during the Moonshine Lunch Run trip. I'm liking this strong-starting battery so far.

Top Bottom