Show Us Your Driving Lights

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I'm not sure if I have the same lights as either of you ... But the ones I have lets you loosen the lens and rotate it. Not sure that the position (orientation) of the wire dictates the beam projection.
My understanding is the lens shouldn't be rotated (even though it can be.) If you want to change the light's orientation just mount it that way as the bracket allows for 4 position mounting.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
If the lens provides some kind of pattern other than that of a cheap flashlight (especially if it's trying to be street legal) it should be rotated if the housing is rotated to preserve the pattern. Well only if the safety of the rider and other vehicle operators is a consideration.

Say a light has a flat cutoff at the top that's effective in reducing glare. Rotating the housing 180º for the convenience of mounting puts that "anti-glare" cutoff at the bottom of the pattern. Not a good thing for other vehicles. Keeping the lamp in the designed orientation but flipping the lens would also be incorrect given this content.

So if the lamp is flipped then the lens should be flipped so it's back to its design position. A lot of these lights are sold as off-road lights which may be illegal for street use regardless depending on state laws. Lamps like those tend to project a round beam like that of a flashlight against a wall. That's pretty hard if not impossible to be aimed as a useful light in traffic. Great on roads with no or very distant traffic though - legal or not. Discretion is the better part of receiving awards.

Curious... So where/what/how do you wire into the low/high beam switch? Relay thingy under left side of seat or what? I'd like to have aux light only on when I go high beam..

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Curious... So where/what/how do you wire into the low/high beam switch? Relay thingy under left side of seat or what? I'd like to have aux light only on when I go high beam..
You will need to install a relay that is triggered off the high beam power wire.

Bike
honda st 1300
@Obo you’re all over this!! Yes on the Zmoon and oem upgrades.
By bright, I am looking to fill that gap between the tire and about 20’ and a bit farther if possible. The current 4” does the job well, I just don’t like how they look. :rolleyes:65A00FD2-BB10-4F43-8AC7-9072BC5D62F5.jpeg
B1E8F533-D39A-4F1B-832F-C1BA3F9AA9B9.jpeg
That's cool, these are exactly the LED lights I was looking for, where did you get them?thank you so much

Attachments

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
That's cool, these are exactly the LED lights I was looking for, where did you get them?thank you so much
Amazon link for the turn signal lens, all the bulbs are 6000k. The blinkers are switchbacks. I don’t recall the manufacturers specifically, but Alla Lighting has not disappointed. H4 headlight, 7443 driving/turn, I don’t recall the marker size, they all came from Amazon.

Areyourshop Front Turn Signals For Honda ST1300 2002-2009 Clear https://a.co/d/5kKvH8g

Bike
honda st 1300
Amazon link for the turn signal lens, all the bulbs are 6000k. The blinkers are switchbacks. I don’t recall the manufacturers specifically, but Alla Lighting has not disappointed. H4 headlight, 7443 driving/turn, I don’t recall the marker size, they all came from Amazon.

Areyourshop Front Turn Signals For Honda ST1300 2002-2009 Clear https://a.co/d/5kKvH8g
[/引用]thank you so much bro

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I can speak from experience that it's too easy to select LED switchback lamps which won't fit into the front signal shells. Many are too long to fit.

I listed the lighting that worked for me in this post a couple of years ago.

They may or may not still be valid as many of the ultra cheap products sourced from Chinese suppliers have a tendency to disappear... then later show up as a different listing from a different, or even the same, supplier. But clearly from looking at the product they likely originated from the same manufacturer, just marketed and sold by a different entity.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
So as an update to my earlier post, I did go with 2 sets of the lights I was thinking about.

I put the dual color Zmoons on the forks and the Trux lights under the mirrors. Tied the Zmoons (and one high beam headlight) into my dual horn circuit.
Zmoons are automatic yellow on low and white on high, with an overide to turn them off if needed. Trux lights are manual on/off as desired.

IMG_4179.JPG
IMG_4181.JPGIMG_4182.JPG

Top Bottom