Sidestand question - Am I too heavy?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
KCJones said:
I always mount from the high side. Yes, it's counter intuitive, but it works better for me. Although technically "incorrect" I do find it easier (but does take some getting used to).
I've tried to make it a habit but the old ways are hard to break. But I really should for a number of reasons. Scuffing the bag is the least of them.

Capt. Crash has a video of his daughter doing a pirouette and landing on the bike. Ok maybe not. But she makes it look like how we used to do it. You know... Waaaaaaay back when.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
drtyrrel said:
Try mounting and dismounting from the right side. I find it easier and also safer (away from the traffic side).
See my post above and the one I quoted. The 'high' side is the right or STBD side. I do like the idea. Keeping a rider away from traffic is why motor officers are taught to dismount and mount from the high side. It's better for me in a number of ways but it's been hard to keep in the make it a habit.

OP
OP
Duporth

Duporth

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 BMW R1250GS
I had not previously tried it or even thought of using the Right Side. Now I am a Right Side convert and it has overcome the twisting of my back issue I faced using the left side. Many thanks for the introduction.
D

Bike
2010 ST-1300
I try to mount from the right side all the time but get messed up after coaching a MSF class and having to demo all day mounting the bike the from the left side:oops:

OP
OP
Duporth

Duporth

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 BMW R1250GS
Understood :) Old habits.... I still approach my bike on the left side then have to walk around to the right! A new learning required. :)

Top Bottom