Sleeping pad question?

Shine a light..! 145 Euros...? I use a 9 Euro one I got at Aldi, it´s a king size and has lasted four years and it´s very comfy. I blow it up with my CPAP set tp leafblower.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
This is the one I bought for my hammock. Costly.
Insulated Klymit
I’m super pleased with it. It has an R4.4.
I bought the smaller one and it only has 1.3R value it would work in a tent environment but not the hammock.
To pack it, I roll it and unroll it three times on a picnic table to make sure I get all the air out so I can pack it as small as possible.
They’re very comfortable to sleep on and I really don’t need a pillow when I use the one for the hammock.
Thanks! Bought the 30” wide one

Anyone ever use this insulated pad? Which one do you use? Gotta lose some bulk and my pad isn't insulated.

KLYMIT STATIC V LUXE Sleeping Pad, Extra Wide (30 inches) Best Camping Gear for Backpacking, Camping and Hiking, (76L x 30W x 3H inches)
Do you like it?

Bike
Suzuki Bandit 250
Does anyone with sleeping issues use the sleeping pad? It took me time to find a perfect pillow as I suffered from insomnia and even when I could sleep during the night, I woke up with a headache and neck pain. Now I worry that I'll buy a sleeping pad and face that problem again. Of course, I always have Canadian Pharmacy painkillers with me, but it would be great to avoid taking them.

Last edited:
Bike
R1200rt
Does anyone with sleeping issues use the sleeping pad? It took me time to find a perfect pillow as I suffered from insomnia and even when I could sleep during the night, I woke up with a headache and neck pain. Now I worry that I'll buy a sleeping pad and face that problem again.
on short trips I packed my normal pillow.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I initially had neck issues when I first used my self inflating camp pillow. But then I realized that it's not supposed to be fully inflated to be comfortable. So after it inflates I would push my fist into the center of it down to the ground and then close the valve. It ended up being almost the same as my pillow at home. Now I have the Klymit camp pillow (Christmas gift) and intend to do similarly with that. Leave partly underinflated for a better experience.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I initially had neck issues when I first used my self inflating camp pillow. But then I realized that it's not supposed to be fully inflated to be comfortable. So after it inflates I would push my fist into the center of it down to the ground and then close the valve. It ended up being almost the same as my pillow at home. Now I have the Klymit camp pillow (Christmas gift) and intend to do similarly with that. Leave partly underinflated for a better experience.
Same withe the sleeping pad, about 80% full for me.

Top Bottom