Slow Leak Offender

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
Hi everyone, not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it as required.

Came out to the ST1100 today to go run some errands and found the tire pressure low in the rear tire. Here’s the offensive nail involved…image.jpg

It’s leaking quite slowly but it’s all I have for transportation right now, so it has to be dealt with.

So, can this be plugged with a wiggly worm or should I pull the rear tire and take it into a shop?

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Might depend on whether that's actually 2 holes that close together, or if 1 hole and then through the sipes without an accompanying 2nd puncture.
The hole seems small, though.
Worth a try.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Most shops ( around here, anyway) won't fix a motorcycle tire. They want to sell a new one!
I have used gummies on a hole in that location successfully, and fixed a tire on a friend's bike with the Stop N Go plugs- he is still riding the same tire a few months later, no issues. IF you can get a shop to plug it from the inside, it is a much better fix.

OP
OP
GGely

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
I can hear my Mom now… “Just because Joe does it, doesn’t make it right. If Joe jumped off the roof of the house, would you?! Lemmings…”

On a serious note, it’s a very slow leak in a good spot, so I think a worm with a bunch of goop in it makes sense.

So yes, I’ll do it because Joe would… :)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I can hear my Mom now… “Just because Joe does it, doesn’t make it right. If Joe jumped off the roof of the house, would you?! Lemmings…”

On a serious note, it’s a very slow leak in a good spot, so I think a worm with a bunch of goop in it makes sense.

So yes, I’ll do it because Joe would… :)
I just changed my name to Tom.

Top Bottom