OP
OP
RONST1300

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I was told to just unhook the two line on the SMC and raise the line as high as possible. And then just bleed out the air in the system again.
Ron

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Since your replacing the entire caliper mount, the easiest way is to remove the (2) mounting bolts, then remove all the lines that are attatched. You will loose some fluid, so be sure to keep a few rags handy.
After cleaning the banjo fittings (oil bolts) install NEW crush washers, two each on each line and re-attached the lines to the unit. Don't overtighten the bolts and damage the crush washers. After all the lines are in place and routed correctly (take a picture before you remove the old ones) Re-attached the caliper unit in the correct sequence and make sure you put locktight on the threads of the top bolt, and the female threads of the calliper housing (bottom bolt) then torque to the correct specs. (23 ft. lbs).
Then you simply have to re-bleed the system to get the air out. Don't forget to tilt the left front caliper when you bleed the system.
Good luck, and let us know how it turned out.

OP
OP
RONST1300

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
For those who are following this thread. I had a difficult time getting all that air out of the new SMC. What I did on my last bleed was tilt the SMC the 15 degrees, with the nodule at 12 O Clock. While still set up I set it at 11 O Clock and then 1 O Clock. And the breaks were great after that bleed. If you are having trouble...try that.
Ron

Top Bottom