SMC what is it?

I am looking at an ST for sale in NC and the current owner has listed the the SMC has been replaced.
I am not sure what this is, can someone help me out with this?

Also, is the Honda extended warranty transferable to a second owner? I think it is I see that all the Goldwings for sale imply that it is

thanks

Bike
2006 ST1300
SMC= Secondary Master Cylinder. Its part of the linked brake system. There have been some that had to be replaced under warranty. Not a bad thing that it was replaced, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it based on that.

The actual Honda factory warranty is transferable. Make sure its the factory warranty and not a generic (not sure if they even have them for bikes?) as those can be much more restrictive.

Cunados

STexan 1300
Bike
2013 Yamaha XTZ1200
Every Honda warranty I've seen is transferable.

SMC - my best guess is has to do with the linked braking system, I think Slave Master Cylinder.

MTGMTT

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Secondary Master Cylinder. A component of the linked braking system on the bike. Its mounted on the front left caliper and actuates the rear brake when the front brakes are applied.

The extended warranty is transferrable to the new owner.

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
You don't give the age of the bike, but their reason for saying so is that it can be a challenge. And being done, you don't need to worry about it for some time...hopefully. However these braking systems do need to be maintained and bled periodically. I would not let their maintenance deter you from joining the ranks of the greatest motorcycle ever made.
Ron

Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
Secondary master cylinder is a hydraulic part of the linked braking system. It has no electronics. Some early ones have been prone to failure. This is good that it has been replaced. You did not say what year bike you are looking at..

Top Bottom