sorry didn't see you

ADE

Bike
2002 ST1100AY
STOC #
Taking bike for her 3200 mile service to day, got approx 5mins from shop and get taken out by cage driver coming out from my left side, bike slides 15ft down road on side left side mirror pod - crash bar cover and a few marks on rear pannier . the young lass was crying and shaking. all see could say was sorry I didn''t see you . no damage to me this time as it was a slow 15-20mph drop/slide . got bike to shop to have service done and quote for damage etc.:think1::wasntme

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow it is amazing how many people are driving out there not paying attention to what is going on around them. I am glad you were not hurt and the bike had only minor damage. Be careful out there folks.

:usflag1:

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Bummer ADE, you do know why she didn't see you though don't you?
Because she wasn't blinking looking that's why.
Glad your OK mate

Bike
2007 ST1300A
Glad you're Ok. Fortunately the Wineberry goes slower, so that probably helped.
:) (I'm a reformed black ST1100 rider)

Thanks for sharing. These stories help keep my vigilance up, and my left thumb over the horn button ....

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Just glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt. Hopefully she'll learn from this experience and be more attentive in the future.

John

FJRHank

"Scooter Pimp"
Glad yer okay Ade

In Japan, you can be jailed for "Not Seeing". Seeing is part of the job of driving.
Really wish this was the attitude here in the States... because... well... seeing is part of the job.

Nice. Add public flogging as a punishment by the victim or his stand-in, and send it to our Reps .
Have no idea how anyone can go from punishing those who don't "do what you're suppose to do as a driver" to "public flogging"? Are you constantly making mistakes?

You do realize that someone can make a left hand turn in front of you because "they didn't see you". And here, all they'll get is like a $20.00 ticket for "failure to yield"... guess what you get?

OP
OP
ADE

ADE

Bike
2002 ST1100AY
STOC #
thanks guys for all your comments, got quote for damage and its ?1100 , thats for parts and labour, the worst part is a new rad that got hit but not leaking, I will just let the insurance sort it out as I have fully comp, she will learn the hard way when her insurance go's up . :wave1:

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I doubt she will learn anything..... but I am a cynic.....

Glad you are okay.... just make sure that whoever does the repairs checks the frame mountings for straightness....

Bike
'98 ST1100 CWR
STOC #
Glad you're Ok. Fortunately the Wineberry goes slower, so that probably helped.
:) (I'm a reformed black ST1100 rider)

Thanks for sharing. These stories help keep my vigilance up, and my left thumb over the horn button ....
May not be the fastest colour, but it is the coolest!!!

Glad to see you're okay ADE.

Of all the traffic incidents I attended as a Police Officer, in ALL those involving a motorbike the cage drivers answer was always "I didn't see him/her". Truth is, a lot of them just didn't care. One actually said "He (motorbike) saw me - he could have gone around me!"

Note that I have said 'incident' not 'accident'. There's no such thing as an accident - someone is always to blame for the collision. That was lesson 1 in traffic law at the Academy.

Sam

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
"Sorry I didn't see you" attempts to deflect the responsibility from the driver of the cage. "See" in this case is active and her lack of seeing does not change the fact that you were there.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I got hit on my old ST1100 on the 4th of July. I was wearing a Hi-Vis First Gear mesh jacket. The driver claimed she didn't see me. The fact of the matter is, she didn't look! If she had, she easily would have seen me.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
The term "Lazy Eye" takes on a whole new meaning.

Incumbent on us to anticipate such, it's the only way to stay safe (whether on bike or in car.)

Car drivers have been running into each other (and trains, buildings, bridges, etc.) for over a hundred years. Why should we expect special treatment? :duck: :crackup

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
First, bummer, sorry to hear about this.

Second, glad you're OK and the bike is fixable. Hopefully she has insurance and it won't cost you a cent.

Now then, there's a question you need to ask yourself: Why didn't you see her? Not trying to be critical, but when I got hit by a red light runner last year someone pointed out to me that I needed to examine what I could have done differently. And they were right.

I don't know the circumstances, but it sounds like she came out of a parking lot or cross street. Did you see her waiting there to pull out? Did you think about what you might do if she did? Did you notice her coming toward you, or were you not aware of her until the impact? Those are the kinds of things we need to think about if we intend to ride and stay alive.

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
Really sorry this happened to you! REALLY glad you are ok and have a story to tell. Be safe!:eek::

DaveH

Max Spying
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
It is amazing at how many blind people get drivers licenses. Must be the reason they have braille at drive up ATM's :rolleyes:

Top Bottom