Sorry Honda !

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Jeff, I am surprised that your ST1300 engine was problematic. I'm sure it had anti-smog equipment on it when new. You didn't modify or remove some of that before the problem began, did you?
There's a huge thread here somewhere that goes over everything that I tried to repair it, I think it's titled "Ignition Problem?". The anti-smog stuff is much better integrated into the design of the ST1300's engine compared to the tacked on controls of the ST1100. The equipment never caused any running issues for me so I never messed with any of it (until I started having issues), also being so integrated it would not have been a simple unbolting and removal of components.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
There's a huge thread here somewhere that goes over everything that I tried to repair it, I think it's titled "Ignition Problem?". The anti-smog stuff is much better integrated into the design of the ST1300's engine compared to the tacked on controls of the ST1100. The equipment never caused any running issues for me so I never messed with any of it (until I started having issues), also being so integrated it would not have been a simple unbolting and removal of components.
Long thread for sure. 4 years and 449 posts. I wonder where that bike is now.

Top Bottom