spacer length

I just bought an 05 and am changing the front springs from sonics back to stock.does anyone know the length of stock spacers ? mine have been cut and I don't want to buy new. Thanks BTW I've been lurking for quite awhile and this is a great site with some great folks. :)

Just measured my old OEM spacers at exactly 7 7/8 inches. Why are you changing back to OEM? Just curious, since I love my sonics. No more front end dive when riding 2 up and bike feels much more planted when riding solo in the curves.

FJRHank

"Scooter Pimp"
I concur, have the oem spacers in front of me now, 7 7/8ths is it. Also curious about changing back? I'd suggest before you do, check the current sag, then compare. Dont wait, on the ST changing back is a chore.

Regards,

OP
OP
I've already tried different preload and oil combo's,and don't think the slight gain in handling is worth the loss is riding comfort. ......I've ridden two other 05's,one with stock springs and a couple of shims with different fork oil ,one with the hyperpro springs.I prefer either of those over the sonics. Thanks

DeSTy

King of the Bling
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Do you know which model these are?, 1kg, 1.1 or 1.2kg?

Whatever the case, $40 + shipping?

P.S. Sorry for the slow reply, completely forgot about this thread! :(

Top Bottom