Spark Plugs

Anyone note any performance difference? Like increase in mpg or doing wheelies now in 3rd gear?
If you change your battery to Lithium, the bike will be lighter - it will accelerate faster and you will have an easier time picking it up when you drop it. (Not if you drop it, when. Everyone is a potential ST dropper.):rofl1: Sorry, I changed this to a battery thread....

I use anti-seize on all threads, including spark plugs. Anti-seize doesn't cause a person to over tighten the plugs. The person with the wrench does. Just tighten until the gasket contacts and then give it another 1/6 turn. That's not over tightening. A torque wrench may lead to over tightening in this case, tho.

Never had a problem yet, and I have probably replaced a lot more plugs than I should have :D

I'm coming into this really late but I decided the cheaper plug would be just fine...long story short the CR8EH-9 were $9.69. curious I inquired about the iridium CR8EHIX-9 $10.29. either the iridium has come way down, or the plain plugs have become rare. Needless the say, I went with the iridiums!

Just for reference: When I bought LipSTick a few years ago, I ordered a new one ew set of NGK Iridiums but couldn't wait. So I took the 100K plugs from STick and put them in LipSTick. STick got the new ones when they arrived. LipSTick ran another 150K+ on the used plugs with no problem.

Just for reference: When I bought LipSTick a few years ago, I ordered a new one ew set of NGK Iridiums but couldn't wait. So I took the 100K plugs from STick and put them in LipSTick. STick got the new ones when they arrived. LipSTick ran another 150K+ on the used plugs with no problem.
Proof of sorts that spark plugs are often replaced to soon and for no reason. Honda recommends replacing the spark plugs every 8,000 miles for the ST1100 if I remember correctly. This is a ridiculously low interval in my opinion, and a waste of money. When the recommended oil change interval is the same as that for the spark plugs, one of them seems out of whack.

Top Bottom