Speed Bleeders

Bike
09 ST1300A
I was doing a "search" for how often you all do brake fluid changes & for your procedure preferences when I noticed that some of you mentioned using Speed Bleeders.
I had them on my previous bike and loved them but the Speed Bleeder site does not list a part number for the ST1300. http://www.speedbleeder.com/

part number - Please :bow1:

Attachments

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I'm gonna pick up an inline version made by Motion Pro. One little tool for all your bleeding needs.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I'm gonna pick up an inline version made by Motion Pro. One little tool for all your bleeding needs.
And can be used on several different vehicles.
And you don't loose it when you sell the bike.....
And you can use it on the wifes car...
And you only have to purchase (1) for less than $20 bucks.
I believe cycle gear carries a similar version as well.
And I just like :potstir1:
Great little tool.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
They do, cannot remember the brand name and I have one in the garage that I use for the clutch, my fathers Burgman, and the cages.

I do like the speed bleeders on the ST brake system, though. A clear tube is all I need to bleed the brakes. As far as losing them when I sell, that might be a concern if I turned over bikes as fast as some of the members. I'll be done with this bike, when it isn't worth selling and, by that time, I'll have had my money's worth out of them.
My wife says I'm one of those people....I'm on number 58 :eek:4:
I used to use speedbleeders on several bikes...the cost of them just got out of control, and I've had a couple failures with them.
Nothing serious, just spring failure and locking the ball up, or plating peeling, or quality control on the thread fit....and they damage very easy
if your not using a 6 point wrench, etc.

OP
OP
Ken Valkyrie
Bike
09 ST1300A
They -

I do like the speed bleeders on the ST brake system, though. A clear tube is all I need to bleed the brakes. As far as losing them when I sell, that might be a concern if I turned over bikes as fast as some of the members. I'll be done with this bike, when it isn't worth selling and, by that time, I'll have had my money's worth out of them.
I like speedbleeders too.
I installed them & manually bled the brakes and clutch last week successfully. I followed the procedure "Brake Fluid Procedure" under ST1300 Service in the Article Repository.
Like the manual procedure but more comprehensible to me. Shiny new Cobra reservoir covers from HDL too.

ST Dan

2 summers 50k+ miles 48 states
Bike
14 NC700X
STOC #
just don't use one on your PCV....it won' seal and you'll lose all your rear brake fluid! don't ask me how I know... ;)

OP
OP
Ken Valkyrie
Bike
09 ST1300A
just don't use one on your PCV....it won' seal and you'll lose all your rear brake fluid! don't ask me how I know... ;)
You may have had a bad SB. I put a set on my previous Ford Explorer and one new SB leaked right away. (They replaced it & asked for the "leaker" back)
All (8) I put in the ST are fine, no leaks, everything working great. I recently put the SB's in my H-Pilot and no leaks either.

ST Dan

2 summers 50k+ miles 48 states
Bike
14 NC700X
STOC #
The threaded portion of the sb was about 1 thread longer than the stock bleeder...I just assumed it was too long since it didn't seal properly....

Top Bottom