ST '1991 restyling

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
Even more blue and yellow than my ST1100s were.

001.jpg

Love your yellow spoiler on the top box!

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Would have looked better if the front fender was yellow.

What's with the matt/flat finish on the paint now-a-days?

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
I thought the same about the yellow fender/mudguard.

As for the finish, I suspected it wasn't paint but vinyl wrap... but it turned out I was wrong! :doh1:

Last edited:
OP
OP
nicopiede
Tnx for your interest!
Really isn't linked in any way with Ukraine, the first idea instead of the blue it's more like green/grey.. but finally that!
It's painted with non reflective colour, Renault type..
For the mudguard, I thought about it for a long time but decided on the completely blue front

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I really like the clear turn signal lenses. They'll look great as running lights. You do have switchback turn signal bulbs installed?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
What's with the matt/flat finish on the paint now-a-days?
That's a preference I don't get. I first saw it years ago on bike helmets and on 'resto' projects that didn't get completed so just paint the whole vehicle in primer.

But flat colors and black in particular seem to becoming more and more popular. One guy told me it's stealth paint and he can't be picked up on LIDAR. :rofl1:

As an accent I can see were matte/flat might enhance a paint job's aesthetic but a whole vehicle would never be my preference. But it is a preference and I respect that.

OP
OP
nicopiede
I really like the clear turn signal lenses. They'll look great as running lights. You do have switchback turn signal bulbs installed?
Yeah, with orange bulbs, as legal requirement.
For daily lights I thinking to a led row inside or I leave the standard bulbs connected with position lights

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
For daily lights I thinking to a led row inside or I leave the standard bulbs connected with position lights
Search for switchbacks...
But keep in mind that, thanx to zealous EC directives, the annual MOT/technical inspection might give your grieve over things like running lights...

OP
OP
nicopiede
Search for switchbacks...
But keep in mind that, thanx to zealous EC directives, the annual MOT/technical inspection might give your grieve over things like running lights...
It's true, but in Italy teh inspection is every two years and not too thorough

Top Bottom