ST down!!

Svl-1300

R.I.P 5/9/2009
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
Got home yesterday afternoon after my hour+ ride from work. I have pulled into my garage a million times. But yesterday I was not paying attention and when I pulled in I stalled it. Down she went. I was lucky nothing was damage except my pride. It's a tough 90" turn into my garage to park behind my wifes SUV. You know this drop reminded me that I/we must always be alert and pay attention at all times. Even something that I/we do everyday. Like park to bike in the garage. STUPID!!!!!!!

Bill

Last edited:

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
I put mine down in the garage. You are right, that is stupid.

Glad you didn't hit the bar-b-q or something else that would leave reminders .....

Byron

STOC #
Bill,

Glad you and the bike are fine. It' little brain farts like this that serve as reminders. I think Fred has a little something for you once he learns you've joined the club. I see you've already updated your count. :)

Stay safe . . .

laterob

Rob Hutchinson
STOC #
I don't like moving my bike around the garage in tennies. My garage floor (as others, I am sure) seems slippery in tennis shoes. In my boots, it's not an issue. It wasn't you guys....it's the smooth concrete floor's fault.

Bike
Goldwing
I'm real gunshy about slick/sealed floors. Shoes would make a difference, but has anyone here tried some of the rough floor surfaces for where they keep their ride? My surface is an OK one, but if I ever have a nicer place, I hope I remember to consider this. Maybe the scooter corner needs bath tub grippy thingies?:eek::

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
The 12 inch self stick sanding discs make nice non skid patches for the floor. Just clean the area well first.

Bike
2007 ST 1300
I came close to going over in my garage as well, sounds like we all need to be careful in the place we call home!

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Dang, another one that failed to keep it up! :(
Sorry to hear you are no longer in the "I kept it up" club! :eek:

Bike
'07 ST1300
well I have to admit, I almost dropped my new St in the "garage"

actually it didn't drop cause it fell against some wood shelves and didn't go all the way down, a small scratch on my givi trunk was the result

I was taking it down off the center stand and somehow it got away from me to the right, as I usually roll it forward and then tip it to the left onto the sidestand

glad that wood rack was over there, I park my bike inside my store warehouse during the day and the warehouse is so full of stuff the bike couldn't really fall over

glad no one saw me

Top Bottom