ST11 police switch: Do I have to use risers?

Bike
01 ST1100
Considering sourcing (if still available) the ST-P right hand switch to use for an Audiovox CC install. Can anyone verify whether the switch can be installed without using risers? How about with the plastic wraparound for the bars? Although I'm no fan of the plastic bar dressing, I hate how ugly everything looks if you remove the plastic pieces.

Thanks in advance!

The Cheese

You do not need risers to install the OEM police switches. I can't speak about the plastic cover. Neither of my STs have/had them. I also can't speak about using it for cruise control. I can say the popular option is to use a goldwing switch. Left hand I think.

OP
OP
st.ryder64
Bike
01 ST1100
Awesome. Thanks for the answers, gang.

To The Cheese: The reason why I'm not interested in the GW switchgear is BECAUSE you have to lose the plastic. Or at least, that's what I surmise, after a morning's research. I haven't seen a single pic of a GW switch on an ST where the plastic remained. Otherwise, I'd happily chose that option, since it doesn't require all the relay silliness required to get the ST-P switches to do the trick.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
If you can find the information, Reg Siemens did that very thing on his ST1100 - used the top three for cruise control. The issue as you have discovered it when 2 is on, 1 is on, and when 3 is on, 1 and 2 are on.

OP
OP
st.ryder64
Bike
01 ST1100
That's the exact write-up I saw, Uncle Phil. That was done so well, I decided to go in that direction. Just bought what appeared to be the last ST-P switchpod on earth a minute ago. From Denmark. Here's hoping THAT's a legitimate transaction....

static

Triple Darkside
Site Supporter
STOC #
Partzilla claims that the switch is available in 2-3 days. Anyone know for sure?

[h=1]SWITCH ASSY., R. POLICE[/h][h=2]35150-MAJ-T31[/h][FONT=&quot]by Honda[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$119.27 26% OFF
$87.90
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
Ships in 2 to 3 days
[/FONT]

Top Bottom