ST1100 ABS Wheel Sensor

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just an afterthought - in case you didn't know or hadn't noticed.
When you turn the ignition on, there is a whirring that comes from the ABS modulators which lasts for a second or so. There may also be a whirring from the fuel pump - but I cannot remember.
If you put your hand on each modulator in turn you can feel whether that modulator is operating correctly before it switches itself off. I seem to remember you have to have your hand on it as you turn on the ignition - it isn't on long enough to do it by turning on the ignition and then feeling for the modulator. Easy if you have the reach.

Heliredcat

Very clean 95 st1100 abs/tcs
Bike
St1100
Just an afterthought - in case you didn't know or hadn't noticed.
When you turn the ignition on, there is a whirring that comes from the ABS modulators which lasts for a second or so. There may also be a whirring from the fuel pump - but I cannot remember.
If you put your hand on each modulator in turn you can feel whether that modulator is operating correctly before it switches itself off. I seem to remember you have to have your hand on it as you turn on the ignition - it isn't on long enough to do it by turning on the ignition and then feeling for the modulator. Easy if you have the reach.
Yes its the 3 second rule.pumps modulate for 3 seconds on start up,self test And its not a question on whether the pump is working,its the sensor that senses the pump plunger going in and out that goes bad,same idea as the sensor over the abs ring on each tire, thx for the info, dave

Top Bottom