ST1100 Clearview Windshield

Just put on my new Clearview extra tall windshield (with vent)
what a windfree experience at highway speed

my 4th Clearview..they are good!

Attachments

• IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 137
I'm also a user and lover of Clearview windscreens. Top quality.

Also was impressed with the design and quality of the Clearview. Myself, added the Laminar-Lip for even a more improved front handling at interstate speeds and windy cond.

I see that Clearview redesigned that vent to something a bit more pleasing to the eye than the original version, which looked like nothing more than one of those plastic floor heating vent grates! That was butt ugly!

Nothing like a Clearview for protection!

There is a small spring and ball bearing (tiny) in the vent mechanism that needs to be lubricated periodically.
Be extra careful when you take it apart or you'll lose it. Failure to lube caused mine to break.
Heads up.

HI! this windshield really looks great! thinking about replacing mine too. Just interesting, what is the difference in height regarding to the standard one?
they have a number of height options. I went with their tallest.
  • Stock screen measures 16.75″
  • Small – 20″ L (2″ vertically higher)
  • Medium – 22″ L (3″ vertically higher)
  • Large – 23″ L (4″ vertically higher)
  • X Large – 24.5″ L (5″ vertically higher)
  • Sport – 9″ L Sport Shield
  • Sport – 11″ L Sport Shield

Alberto,

You can get a good idea of what to order by sitting on the bike, in your normal riding position and having someone holding a ruler or tape measure on the top of the OEM screen you have (?) and then using that number of inches where you can just see over, rather than through, a new screen.

If you order one that turns out to be the wrong size, Clearview allows you to send it back as long as you have NOT removed the blue plastic covering they protect the screen with while shipping. Or, because sending it back might be expensive from where you live, it is quite easy to cut the screen down a bit with a coping saw blade and sand the cut edge lightly with a fine sandpaper block.

Thank you, Bush,
I didn't think about cutting the top of the screen if it appears too high for me. it is a plastic in general, so it should not bring problems with cutting.

best regards)

If needing to cut shield to shorten, tape masking tape across that area FIRST before cutting. This WILL eliminate any fracturing of shield!

Back
Top Bottom