ST1100 Hoses, Oil Cooler (A and B)

Bike
Honda ST1100 ABS/TCS
STOC #
I am planning some trips this Australian summer and have ordered OEM radiator hoses, seals and o-rings from Honda. Unfortunatley the oil cooler hoses A and B are no longer available. These hoses are used on all STs up to 1995. After that nothing on the parts list.

Part numbers: 19520-MT3-000 and 19525-MT3-000

Does anybody remember what aftermarket hoses they used? Specifications (ID, OD) would be useful. In an emergency can they be blocked off like in later models?

Regards
Garry

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I am planning some trips this Australian summer and have ordered OEM radiator hoses, seals and o-rings from Honda. Unfortunatley the oil cooler hoses A and B are no longer available. These hoses are used on all STs up to 1995. After that nothing on the parts list.

Part numbers: 19520-MT3-000 and 19525-MT3-000

Does anybody remember what aftermarket hoses they used? Specifications (ID, OD) would be useful. In an emergency can they be blocked off like in later models?

Regards
Garry
I've replaced all the hoses on my 1991. I was able to find the ones listed as no longer available by matching hoses at local auto part dealers...had to visit two, clerks on duty both places let me fondle the stock behind the counter to match up curves. Purchased some bulk hose of the different ID's also.
It's still doable with a little extra leg work.

Bike
VStrom 650
I've replaced all the hoses on my 1991. I was able to find the ones listed as no longer available by matching hoses at local auto part dealers...had to visit two, clerks on duty both places let me fondle the stock behind the counter to match up curves. Purchased some bulk hose of the different ID's also.
It's still doable with a little extra leg work.
"They let me fondle the stock behind the counter".........way too graphic.

Bike
R1200rt
the good news is that it's not oil but antifreeze hoses. Auto part store should have hoses and adapters. Get the brass or aluminum ones, the plastic ones are crap.

OP
OP
Garry_Coates
Bike
Honda ST1100 ABS/TCS
STOC #
Thanks Guys. Can anybody tell me whether Oil Cooler hose A is the same internal diameter as hose B? Would make it easy once hose B arrives in the mail to atleast confirm what I will be looking for.

Regards
Garry

OP
OP
Garry_Coates
Bike
Honda ST1100 ABS/TCS
STOC #
Thanks John, the two cooler hoses look very similar (in pics) but are priced differently. I am just wondering whether an oil cooler B hose would work for an A hose? B hoses are still available.
Regards
Garry

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Hm... I think one was (is) longer than the other. I don't remember if they were preformed. Sorry. When you get the one OEM you can measure the ID and get a suitable aftermarket for the other.

OP
OP
Garry_Coates
Bike
Honda ST1100 ABS/TCS
STOC #
Thanks John, if one is longer or shaped different it is not by much. But being short 1 cm is no better than being short by 10cm. Oh for the days you could go down to the wreckers and search thru parts yourself. Now you have to wait at the counter while a disinterested worker finds the first thing he can sell you.
Regards
Garry

Attachments

OP
OP
Garry_Coates
Bike
Honda ST1100 ABS/TCS
STOC #
Feedback for future reference: These hoses ID=6.3mm OD=13.3mm.

HOSE, OIL COOLER (B) 19525-MT3-000 looks to be the right shape to also replace HOSE, OIL COOLER (A) 19520-MT3-000 once it has been shortened.

The alternative is Gates heater hose part number 28407. Best buy 1 metre for two hoses to allow for the bend.

Top Bottom