St1100 indicator connector type

Hi,

Does anybody know the make and type of the wiring loom connector that joins the indicator bulb holder? One wire has broken at the base of the connector, temporary fix has been made but I would like to replace the connector and make a permenant fix. Ive searched around but cant find a match.20220916_124004.jpg

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
You can wade through there:

probably quicker to visit a car breaker and look for a Mitsubishi, pop the trunk and check the taillight connectors...
alternative: check eBay for a used ST harness...

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Most every connector like that has some way to release the metal conductor from the housing so a new wire can be soldered on. Usually it takes some impossibly small tool, I've had some luck filing down paperclip wire....

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Most every connector like that has some way to release the metal conductor from the housing so a new wire can be soldered on. Usually it takes some impossibly small tool, I've had some luck filing down paperclip wire....
There are several suppliers on Ebay who supply pin removal tools. Several others sell connector component assortments. Likely there tools and parts for most every commercial connector.....except for the one you need most urgently.
1663604015348.png

Bike
2010 ST1300
If you look directly down the throat of the connector, you can (sometimes) see the tiny tab in the center of the metal part. It is located on the back of the female metal piece and on what I will call the back of the male connector. By back, the female is usually formed into a tube (sometimes squared, or curled over for spade types) and the back will be the opposite side to where the seam is. The male locking tab is often accessible via a tiny groove on one side of the male part. In both cases you slide the tool into this groove, push the tab down and the connector will slide away from the tool out the back of the connector.

Top Bottom