ST1100 LLC leakage. how to separate FAN HARNESS

OP
OP
So that would make sense the hot coolant would flow into the reservoir but since cap loose no vacuum to pull it back into radiator. Still kinda puzzled that no coolant seeped from the loose cap on the thermostat housing. Who knows but glad you are working towards a resolution.
hi red one
it's simple question.
if CAP tightened loosely, red circled sealing still effective, no LLC leaks.
while the orange circle shows pressure spring, it opens LLC pressure at 1.25kgf/cm2.
however loosely tightened CAP cannot apply designated spring force, that's why LLC overflows much earlier timing.
though the loose extent is pretty small, overflow occurs. red circled sealing is normally designed quite tightly as not to leak from CAP.

well , actually i am very ashamed, i know the phenomenon very much well as an RADIATOR engineer, how come i do that on my bike, very embarrassing.

Attachments

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
how come i do that on my bike, very embarrassing.
Because you were doing some work and you made a mistake. It happens to everyone. The only people who don't make mistakes are the people who don't do anything.

You found the problem, you fixed the problem, now go ride and enjoy your success- it's all good.

Bike
2000 ST1100
hi red one
it's simple question.
if CAP tightened loosely, red circled sealing still effective, no LLC leaks.
while the orange circle shows pressure spring, it opens LLC pressure at 1.25kgf/cm2.
however loosely tightened CAP cannot apply designated spring force, that's why LLC overflows much earlier timing.
though the loose extent is pretty small, overflow occurs. red circled sealing is normally designed quite tightly as not to leak from CAP.

well , actually i am very ashamed, i know the phenomenon very much well as an RADIATOR engineer, how come i do that on my bike, very embarrassing.
Well look at it as a learning experience to never over look that again. We are only human you know.

Top Bottom