ST1300 ABS starts to blink

Bike
ST1300 Police 2006
Hi,

Just took my 2006 ST1300 to my dealer for my shock absorber replacement

It was a 30 min drive, and the weather was -2 degree celius ( 28 degree fahrenheit ) ..ie: pretty cold

Half way to the shop, my ABS started blinking...also started blinking half way on the way back home

When I start the bike, the ABS light always shows red, when I start to drive, ABS light turns off ( this is normal operation )

I'm thinking it might be acting because of the cold...not sure

Any comments

Danny

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Do three things.
Check to see what code it’s throwing
Check the front and rear magnets to see if there is dirt or road debris on them.
Check the front pulsar ring for cracks or damage, you may have to remove the three small screws to see the damage.

Attachments

OP
OP
Danny J
Bike
ST1300 Police 2006
Do three things.
Check to see what code it’s throwing
Check the front and rear magnets to see if there is dirt or road debris on them.
Check the front pulsar ring for cracks or damage, you may have to remove the three small screws to see the damage.
Thanks Igofar,

Cold up here, so will being the maintenance when it warms-up

Will keep you posted...thanks for the info and pics

was in Arizona last June... been there a few times..always one of our favourite desinations on the bikes

Danny

OP
OP
Danny J
Bike
ST1300 Police 2006
@Danny J - I have a spare pulsar ring if you need one, they were way backordered when I needed one while getting my ST on the road last fall, so I bought a couple spares. Let me know.
Thanks GhenghisKen,

Cold up here, so will being do the maintenance when it warms-up

Will keep you posted

Danny

Top Bottom