ST1300 Clutch Lever and Pipe Leak

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Just got call, bike is done already (took it in Saturday). Looks like 3.8 hrs labor Im gunna see if they will give me the 10% LE discount. I didnt want to miss the Easter rides.
Dang, that was fast.
Hope they did a good job.

OP
OP
AV8R
Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
Not a scratch or chip or broken wire (i had many under the tank). The only dent was in my wallet. The great news is that shifting is smooth now. So the clunking on shifts was due to loss of clutch hydraulic pressure, not bad clutch plates (yet anyways)

BeaSTie was missed by her big brother

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
..., not bad clutch plates (yet anyways)
Excellent, glad to hear it.

Start saving your Pennies, nickels and dimes for the clutch plates & installation! That's going to really put a dent in your wallet! :eek:

OP
OP
AV8R
Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
They showed me the bad part and the same burst point i showed u guys earlier when the pipe was still on my bike

Sterno

2003 ST1300
A little late to the party (and a new member so HELLO ALL)... thanks to this thread and Article 13 I (which means myself along with the super help from another awesome ST owner in my neck of the woods) too replaced the clutch pipe. Pin hole leak in the rubber just past the handset before the metal crimp-sprayed that DOT 4 all around in there!.. thank you to the gentlemen that recommended spraying the soapy water all around once if figured out where the leak was!!!

Used the center stand and side stands only, and the tank was not moved. This is a good job to have a helper for when very small movements from the helper on the left side pushing the pipe can help the guy under the bike get the two banjo fittings to "align" circa the CSC. Removing the shift linkage down there was the secret to getting enough fingers in there to finish the banjo bolt replacement.

Again, thank you all for your contributions-what an amazing knowledge cache WITH great personalities too! I wish I had shot a few pictures for the team, but alas I did not. It took us about 5 hours or so. It was my first time undressing her, so I took my time...

The trickiest part was "unpacking" the area at the left aft corner of the tank where plug wires and various hoses etc. are all jammed into a tight bend (and we removed the crashbar) in order to clear a path to push the tail end of the pipe down towards the CSC.

Collateral damage report: the windshield no longer goes up and down!! Will have to get back in there again... Cheers!

Top Bottom