ST1300 Cover

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I too have tried many different cover makes, cheap & expensive, my last Nelson-Riggs didn’t impress me much! Most, in my opinion; are just dust covers that don’t last outdoors! Not sure what to buy!
WB
I just bought a cheap one from Amazon..... (literally just got it about 2 weeks ago) so no idea how it will last. It may end up just be a winter dust cover (which was hte main idea anyway,) but it fits with the Pan top case on and wasn't stupidly expensive at $39.99.

Bought the XXXL-116" size

IMG_2036.JPG

Bike
2003 ST1300 ABS
Dowco Guardian WeatherAll Plus (Amazon $110) in large has a lifetime replacement warranty. It fits my 2003 ST1300 ABS well, if I remove the top box. I have used this brand successfully for many years and received replacements for free, when necessary. Recommended!

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I should add that the windshield needs to be at it's lowest position for the Dowco to fit well.
Good idea! My cover fits ok but would sit lower like OBO's cover if I lowered the windshield.

I just bought a cheap one from Amazon..... (literally just got it about 2 weeks ago) so no idea how it will last. It may end up just be a winter dust cover (which was hte main idea anyway,) but it fits with the Pan top case on and wasn't stupidly expensive at $39.99.

Bought the XXXL-116" size

IMG_2036.JPG
I just got that exact cover. Seems to be pretty nice considering how cheap it was. My bike is in garage, so as you said... more of a dust cover than anything. I did end up cutting out the large metal grommets around the bottom so as to not scratch her when putting on and off. Not planning on running a cable or anything..

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I should add that the windshield needs to be at it's lowest position for the Dowco to fit well.
This is the same as with my Nelson-Rigg XXL Defender. One of the neat features I like with the ST1800 (the new line of 1800 GoldWings) is the auto-lowering of the windscreen with IGN Off. A) because I like cool features and B) because it's possible the cover might have been fitted to the bike a few times only to have to reach up underneath to lower the screen. Or I might have imagined that. :cool:

Top Bottom