ST1300 heat - problem SOLVED.

Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
On Ron Ayers parts blowup, it looks to me like rubber mat goes under airbox, on top of throttle bodies
I have a sheet of heat resistant rubber (drop from work) I can make one easy with, am I correct?

Bike
2006 ST1300
On Ron Ayers parts blowup, it looks to me like rubber mat goes under airbox, on top of throttle bodies
I have a sheet of heat resistant rubber (drop from work) I can make one easy with, am I correct?
I think the rubber pad goes UNDER the throttle bodies if i recall correctly. I distinctly remember it being UNDER the 5 way tee when I added hose/tubing to the tee.

No as stated above me it goes under the throttle bodies. So tank off airbox off very long Philips to get to the clamp screws then a block across the frame with strap to lift the throttle bodies out. The long part of the matt tucks down. It's a big enough job I would consider trying tank bolt spacers first. Are you sure the matt is missing. Can you see all the way down to the engine v?

Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
No as stated above me it goes under the throttle bodies. So tank off airbox off very long Philips to get to the clamp screws then a block across the frame with strap to lift the throttle bodies out. The long part of the matt tucks down. It's a big enough job I would consider trying tank bolt spacers first. Are you sure the matt is missing. Can you see all the way down to the engine v?
Yeah, I just replaced a hose in there can see metal

Top Bottom