Article [13] ST1300 - Maintenance - Front & Rear Wheel Install and Front Axle Animation

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Right I figure it was mud guard, fork brace and break line support causing some misalignment.
What could be the consequence of this? Need I loosen all that and reset the wheel?
Standing by the :WCP1:

Bike
2006 ST1300
Looking to confirm tool sizes for the front and rear axle
Front - 17mm hex for the left side of the axle and 21mm (22mm?) socket for the right side?
Rear - 27mm socket

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
To remove the front wheel you’ll need a 6mm Allen socket for the pinch bolts(if civilian model) and SMC mounting points, and a 12mm socket for the right caliper mounting points, and the pinch bolts on PD models, and a 17mm axle tool, and a 22mm socket.
For the rear wheel you’ll need a 27 mm socket, 8mm Allen socket to hold the axle, 14mm socket to tighten stopper plug BEFORE axle nut is tightened, and a 5mm Allen to remove all the pad retaining pins unless it’s an 08 or newer, then you’ll need an 8mm wrench.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
Another great "save your butt" article!
The last associated front fork PITA I've done was my V65 Magna. The ST is generations removed from that.
Thank you. I had to change the front tire on it just yesterday (used bike purchase). Got it all in right, but have lots of new-pad drag. I'll loosen up the axle and do these steps again. MUCH better than the cryptic manual, for sure!

Thank you.

Thanks to all for the advice. I have to change the rear wheel on my new to me bike for the first time. This article and additional input provide me with the information and confidence to at least try to change it myself.

Top Bottom