St1300 Police drivers seat conversion part

I any one has an extra original st1300 driver's seat, I need the bar that bolts to the rear of it. I would like to borrow it for use as a pattern to fabricate afew dozen parts to make them available to our members. Pm me here or call steve at 830-446-2939
Thank you

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
You after this? Could I take some detailed pics and measurement of it and post them?

PXL_20220621_013500639.jpg

Josh

Josh_ST

Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
I want to keep it, as it's on my spare factory saddle. I'd be willing to ship it to you as long as you send it back when you're done :) PM me your address and I'll get it in it's way.

Josh

OP
OP
Stringbean
I want to keep it, as it's on my spare factory saddle. I'd be willing to ship it to you as long as you send it back when you're done :) PM me your address and I'll get it in it's way.

Josh
335 sharon dr, san Antonio TX 78006.
Let me know what the shipping costs are and I'll reimburse you. The cheapest shipping option is fine I'm not in a hurry. I'll keep it for a couple weeks and send it back too you if that's okay.

Josh_ST

Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
It's on the way. Consider my portion of the postage a donation to the ST community, as I think I've seen posts that Honda no longer sells this bracket.

Josh

Bike
2017 ST1300PA
I received your part and I'll be working on duplicates this week. Thanks
Ah, this is exactly what I was hoping to find, the dimensions of that civilian seat bracket. It doesn't seem to be available separately from the seat. I don't want to buy a new seat for the $3.99 part. Should be easy to create one, as you said. How did yours work? If you have the info, I just need to know:
1. the precise width (or is that length?) of the bar between the bracket arms
2. distance from the base of the bracket to the crossbar
3. do the bracket arms bend down at 90 degrees from the base, or is there an offset angle?

thanks, Alan

Forgot .. would also help to know the diameter of the crossbar, although that's not really important -- anything around 8mm ought to be fine.
Any info is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hello.

Did this ever go anywhere? I’d be interested in one of these brackets.

OP
OP
Stringbean
Hello.

Did this ever go anywhere? I’d be interested in one of these brackets.
I did build a few and gave them away. I didn't feel like they were good enough to sell. They are easy enough to make but I lost interest in producing them for sale. So few are needed for the conversion and I didn't feel that $50 apiece was appropriate and that's what I'd have to sell them to cover my time.
If I do get a chance I'll produce a couple more for our group members.

I’m pretty handy. Could likely make one myself. Looks pretty simple. I’d just need some dimensions and a few pictures. Or, maybe a loaner part to copy.

Top Bottom