ST1300 Rear Wheel / Flange Bearing?

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Are the Driven Flange and the Wheel bearings themselves the same part number? Looked on Ron Ayers and they show different part numbers..

My Steed is quickly approaching 35,000 and I am considering changing all the bearings in the rear end.. I have a handfull of the 6905RS for the Driven Flange already...

OP
OP
Tankereng

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
That's what I saw....guess I'll just replace the flange bearings for now..and check the wheel bearing while I'm in there...

BTW...weak battery last week was a loose connection on the battery after my Stebel install...:doh1:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Glad you got it figured out... I don't see the other bearings going out very often, in fact I don't remember hearing of those ever going out... I'd wait for 100k on those and just keep changing the flange ones out as needed.

OP
OP
Tankereng

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Glad you got it figured out... I don't see the other bearings going out very often, in fact I don't remember hearing of those ever going out... I'd wait for 100k on those and just keep changing the flange ones out as needed.
:D:headbang:

jdpfms

JD Power
Bike
ST1300A&FJR1300
I just had a new rear tire put on today and found out my flange bearing is shot. I'll replace all 4 of these mentioned above. Thanks for the All Balls referral Mellow as their prices beat OEMs a lot. I bought front bearings also and will do them with next front tire change. BTW, I saw your article on the flange bearing change, but did you do the other two at the same time? I didn't see any article with pics on those but guess it is very similar to the two (6905RS) bearings.

JDP

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I just had a new rear tire put on today and found out my flange bearing is shot. I'll replace all 4 of these mentioned above. Thanks for the All Balls referral Mellow as their prices beat OEMs a lot. I bought front bearings also and will do them with next front tire change. BTW, I saw your article on the flange bearing change, but did you do the other two at the same time? I didn't see any article with pics on those but guess it is very similar to the two (6905RS) bearings.

JDP
I only did the flange bearings... they seem to be the only ones that have an issue most of the time... I won't change the front or other rear bearings unless they feel notchy or... I may just change them all at 100k.

Top Bottom