Wanted ST1300 Tank Pad

Hi all,

Hoping for a little luck after a loooooong time searching... I see from a few posts that I'm way late to the party, but! ... never hurts to ask.

Does anyone know of, want to sell, or has a friend... lol That has an 08P61-MCS-100 OEM Tank Pad for the ST1300?

Please let me know. I've been searching for months, but I fear it's like looking for the Holy Grail anymore. I know there are other pads out there, but the OEM pad looks the best imo... and I have had a constant search alert on eBay for the part number for a long time, but no joy.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice on locating one!

Bike
2004 ST1300
Just bought a replica pad from a guy in Hungary who makes them.
$115 CAD including shipping to Canada.
Search Facebook for Sandor Butor, and look in the photo section to view some of his work.
Or contact via email at: bujtor.sandor01@gmail.com
Nice product, great seller.
Recommended.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZoTToZ
Just bought a replica pad from a guy in Hungary who makes them.
$115 CAD including shipping to Canada.
Search Facebook for Sandor Butor, and look in the photo section to view some of his work.
Or contact via email at: bujtor.sandor01@gmail.com
Nice product, great seller.
Recommended.
Thanks so much @Rob20111 ! I contacted Sándor and he already quoted price and ETA delivery on the Tank Pad. He also makes several other replica pads for the ST1300. I appreciate the tip!

Thanks so much @Rob20111 ! I contacted Sándor and he already quoted price and ETA delivery on the Tank Pad. He also makes several other replica pads for the ST1300. I appreciate the tip!
Can you share the price? - I would be interested also

OP
OP
ZoTToZ
Can you share the price? - I would be interested also
GitSum, sorry for the delay... sure! it was $65 for the Tank Pad and $22 to ship it to PA from Hungary. You should take a look at his FaceBook page if you can. He is an ST owner and makes several other accessory pads like the Tank Pad for the ST1300. Super nice guy too

ZoTToZ

No worries, but ouch! I really miss the Honda brank tank pad I had on my 2005 and my 2012 that replaced it does not have one. That is getting up there in price - are you happy with quality and material, etc? (I may have to splurge)

OP
OP
ZoTToZ
I haven’t received it yet so I can’t say. I like the look of this pad more than any others and though the price is on the high side, you can not find ANY OEM accessory pads anywhere, I have looked and looked.

Bike
2004 ST1300
I haven’t received it yet so I can’t say. I like the look of this pad more than any others and though the price is on the high side, you can not find ANY OEM accessory pads anywhere, I have looked and looked.
Have you received it yet?
If so, what do you think?
I really like mine.

OP
OP
ZoTToZ
I did. It was packaged very well and the seller gave me some advice on hope to apply it. I put on the tank pad and the OEM knee pads a few days ago. Went well and looks great imo

IMG_1934.jpeg

That does look pretty good. It looks may not be quite as wide as the original - but all I have to go by is the burned up one from my totaled 2005 :(

tank pad.jpg

OP
OP
ZoTToZ
That does look pretty good. It looks may not be quite as wide as the original - but all I have to go by is the burned up one from my totaled 2005 :(

tank pad.jpg
Oh, man.... she's a bit toasted eh? Sorry for your loss... What's the story behind that, if I can ask? Also, you didn't happen to have a top box that survived the, umm, incident, did you? >8)

I posted about it in Jan https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/its-been-9-years.186139/

I really don't know what happened. Best guess since it was running rough was excess gas was getting dumped down the exhaust and caught on fire. (it could be "mouse" related). I did have a red Hondaline top box, which I kept since they were only going to give me $30 for it! I might see about getting it painted black, but I will see how it looks with a black ST first

Copy and paste from that post:
Last month I needed to run an errand - less than 10 miles to the neighboring City. I hopped on the freeway and as I was going down my offramp, I noticed the bike was running pretty rough. (This was an elevated offramp and I needed to make a left turn to go across a bridge over the freeway). I stopped for a redlight at the intersection and had to increase the rpm's because it sounded like the engine was going to die out on me. As I am waiting for the light to change, I smell something burning, kind of a plastic smell, and I look around, but don't see anything. Then I look down by my foot and I see flames coming up the side of the bike from the area below the left foot peg!

I put the kickstand down and hopped off. I was surrounded by concrete and I did not have anything to put the fire out with. By this time, the fire is starting to burn my Russell Day Long seat, so the only thing I could think of doing was to start stripping things off the bike. (both saddle bags, the Hondaline trunks, empty out the fairing pockets, etc). Fortunately, an 18-wheeler stopped to assist and the driver had a fire extinguisher and was able to get the fire out. The fire department showed up about 5 minutes later, hosed everything down for good measures and then the ST was towed away... I had a pretty good idea it was going to be totaled- it was 18 years old and the main wiring harness was fried from the fire.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Went well and looks great imo
+1 It does look great. It does look narrower than the factory pad. I have no idea if that means it's less effective in preventing scratches under practical/probable conditions. Subjectively I like the look better. It shows more of the color of the tank. My bike is black so either one wouldn't make much difference. Given the factory unit is made of unobtainium yours is a great choice. :D

Does this guy do the tank side pads? I had some but somehow somebody else got them. :(

Top Bottom