ST1300 Throttle Lock

I just bought a 2010 ST1300 to replace a H-D Ultra Limited. I will miss the cruise control and would like some info on a good throttle lock to put on my Honda.

Bike
2007 ST1300
I have the KAOKA on mine for some years now. I like it, locks the throttle but nothing is the same as a real cruise control.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I had a Throttlemeister on my ST for many thousands of miles and it worked great within the limitations of a friction lock - adjustment required up and down hills - but the last few years on the ST I used a $20 Go Cruise with great effect. Besides price, the difference is the Go Cruise is "half" of a cruise control. With one finger it sets a minimum speed the bike will not go below. If a hill is encountered you just roll on a little throttle and don't touch the Go Cruise. When you see your speed or momentum will take you up to the crest you relax the throttle and the bike resumes the preset speed down the back of the hill. If I had first seen or heard about the Go Cruise I never would have spent Throttlemeister money for a friction lock.

Bike
04 ST1300
I just bought a 2010 ST1300 to replace a H-D Ultra Limited. I will miss the cruise control and would like some info on a good throttle lock to put on my Honda.
I would recommend the go cruise as well. I have used it before and was very effective. The best part is the roll on without changing the setting. Compared to atlas, kaoka and brake away the price is next to nothing with the same performance.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
dduelin said:
With one finger it sets a minimum speed the bike will not go below. If a hill is encountered you just roll on a little throttle and don't touch the Go Cruise. When you see your speed or momentum will take you up to the crest you relax the throttle and the bike resumes the preset speed down the back of the hill.
I've done that a whole lot of times and never even realized that benefit. I used a Vista Cruise for years on other bikes. It was easy to get used to flipping the lock on or off or just working against the friction. The Go Cruise is so transparent I never gave it a thought until now. Huh.

Bike
04 ST1300
Someone needs to hold a tech event or a weekend clinic in which cc installation is performed. I bet a lot of folks will show up

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
The only problem with the brakeaway models, is that they are very difficult to adjust, and have several sharp edges.
If I'm going to go long distance, I use a simple YELLOW CAT O-RING between the grip and the bar end weight, cheap, simple, works great.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
https://brakeawayproducts.com/

I highly recommend the Brake Away.

It has a slip feature that allows the throttle to be adjusted up or down while engaged. 238027238027
I picked up a Breakaway from a shop that was getting rid of a bunch of ST1300 nuts,bolts and fasteners for something like $35. I have yet to set it up on one of my bikes due to the fat grips I use. I think I will try it on the '04#1, once I get it roadworthy again. I'll probably put a set of foam grip covers, cutting the rightside down to fit the grip where the Breakaway doesn't cover up.

Zaphod

“Vell, Zaphod’s just zis guy, you know?”
Bike
2016 Goldwing F6B
STOC #
I purchased my 2010 ST1300 used. It had a throttle meister installed by the previous owner. I kept it and adjusted carefully for proper operation.

Still prefer the Go Cruise unit. Inexpensive. Effective. Easy to install, adjust, and use.

I have a used break away that I once had on. But since I installed heated grips it doesn’t fit any more. If you are interested let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why would it not fit anymore? I have Genuine Honda heated grips and it looks like the Brake Away would fit, but would have to make sure the cord from the grip would not catch on the unit. Is that the issue you had?

I think mine is a Vista...it works. I also have a Audiovox Cruise control. Rostra makes em know....i think

JBIRD

2006 ST1300, sold
Bike
2019 Streetglide
I had a throttlemeister on my ST1300 that was installed by the previous owner, I sold it & purchased an Atlas throttle lock.
The Atlas is a push button on/off, it is mechanical but very simple to operate.
Many opinions here, good luck with your decision.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I've used the vista cruise on the bikes that I've owned. $20 and works as advertised....

Bike
2007 STinkerbell
A breakaway came with my bike, and I don’t necessarily love it. It is nice and safe, it disengages when front brake is applied, as well as with a thumb clicker.
I had to tighten it a bit, by taking it partly apart, otherwise it would loosen the grip on the throttle from regular handlebar vibration.

Top Bottom