ST1300 Throttle Lock

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
Got "GO CRUISE " on my 3 bikes , use them, by far , more than electronic cruise controls on 2 of the bikes .
I see the new ones are designed better than the older ones I got .
I reinforced my older models with a short piece of 5/8" heater hose slipped over the "elbow" ; with a peg to keep hose piece on .IMG_5182 cc.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
04 ST1300
I had a throttlemeister on my ST1300 that was installed by the previous owner, I sold it & purchased an Atlas throttle lock.
The Atlas is a push button on/off, it is mechanical but very simple to operate.
Many opinions here, good luck with your decision.
I have had an atlas as well for three years and paid $115. Not worth it. Go cruise is the way to go or get the MC cruise and get it over with once and for all.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Though it is pricer than an NEP or Vista Cruise I like the aluminum Go Cruise. The easiest of any to install and so is easily transferrable from bike to bike and back.

One benefit unique to throttle locks that I've used and not realized it until pointed out by another member - when encountering an incline with the Go Cruise engaged or wanting to do a quick passing maneuver merely operate the throttle as normal then release it to return to your previously selected cruising speed if desired. No resetting needed.

We all have preferences and I prefer the Go Cruise because:

it's well made
elegant in design
easy to install and is very portable
reliable
easily engaged
intuitive in emergency operation
very reasonably priced

I think it's the pick of the throttle lock litter.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I've had a Throttlemeister for years. Never used anything else so I don't know how it stacks up against the rest of them.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I wonder if it's a coincidence that the bar end in the Go Cruise video has a Kaoko throttle lock.

Why would it not fit anymore? I have Genuine Honda heated grips and it looks like the Brake Away would fit, but would have to make sure the cord from the grip would not catch on the unit. Is that the issue you had?
I installed Oxford heated grips to replace stock grips. It would not clamp over the grip properly, plus it interfered with the moulded heated cable inlet into the grip.

Top Bottom