ST1300 Under Mirror Auxiliary Light Brackets, limited availability.

OP
OP
SoCalST8

SoCalST8

Vendor
Bike
ST1300, ST1100, R1
We have designed an over mirror FLAT/HORIZONTAL platform bracket for aux lights. It looks similar to the under mirror bracket. Still haven't had the time to take pictures of it installed on the bike....
Can I use these brackets to mount lights above the mirrors?

Hey Charlie! Like I said, I'm loving my under-mirror brackets. They look great and are easy to install and remove when taking off the tupperware. However, I noticed the right one was vibrating a LOT compared to the left one and when I took them off again to investigate, this is what I found. My two brackets aren't a match.

bracket1.jpgbracket2.jpg

What's the best way to make an exchange? I contacted customer support, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks, Charlie!

OP
OP
SoCalST8

SoCalST8

Vendor
Bike
ST1300, ST1100, R1
No problem! I replied to your email earlier. Which side was it? Thanks!

Hey Charlie! Like I said, I'm loving my under-mirror brackets. They look great and are easy to install and remove when taking off the tupperware. However, I noticed the right one was vibrating a LOT compared to the left one and when I took them off again to investigate, this is what I found. My two brackets aren't a match.

bracket1.jpgbracket2.jpg

What's the best way to make an exchange? I contacted customer support, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks, Charlie!

Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
M-50,

I have a couple of questios before i trigger on these...

Q1: Do they in anyway interfere with the mirror and faring break away functionality?
(For those unfortunate time(s) when youre lane splitting and theres a mirror upon mirror incident)

This and some of the other pics pics appears to me that the bracket and/or LED module mounting bolt could be in the path of the mirror faring as it breaks away backwards. The concern is potential damage to the mirror faring or your bracket.

6C781F3F-2869-4D3E-ABEA-3EC0F495396E.jpg

If this is a potential hazard, is there room (clearance from the faring) to extend the bracket’s vertical bar downward, thus lowering the LED module and its top mounting hardware?

Q2: Would you show a close up picture of how the bracket is mounted to the bike, or if share the installation manual (pdf) if it has this illustration in it?

thank you
M-08

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalST8

SoCalST8

Vendor
Bike
ST1300, ST1100, R1
The breakaway mirror cover usually breaks away due to having been impacted by foreign objects in most occurrences.

The over and the under mirror brackets are mounted to the rigid mirror upper and lower mounts respectively.

If and when the mirror cover breaks away, the cover should suffer greater damages from the foreign object hitting it, though the airborne cover may come in contact with our brackets during the breakaway motion, I think the cover would “bounced” off the brackets with minimal damages to both the cover and the brackets.

i will try to find more close up pictures per your request. But as you can see from the time stamp of this post, i should really be catching my zzz’s. Lol

M-50,

I have a couple of questios before i trigger on these...

Q1: Do they in anyway interfere with the mirror and faring break away functionality?
(For those unfortunate time(s) when youre lane splitting and theres a mirror upon mirror incident)

This and some of the other pics pics appears to me that the bracket and/or LED module mounting bolt could be in the path of the mirror faring as it breaks away backwards. The concern is potential damage to the mirror faring or your bracket.

6C781F3F-2869-4D3E-ABEA-3EC0F495396E.jpg

If this is a potential hazard, is there room (clearance from the faring) to extend the bracket’s vertical bar downward, thus lowering the LED module and its top mounting hardware?

Q2: Would you show a close up picture of how the bracket is mounted to the bike, or if share the installation manual (pdf) if it has this illustration in it?

thank you
M-08

Last edited:
I put mine on last night. There is a rubber gasket between the bike and the mirror. For now I put it over the mount as much as I could but it makes the mirror movement restricted. I know I could remove the gasket but don't want to. There is enough wind noise now! Any other idea? Slightly longer down tube on mount?

OP
OP
SoCalST8

SoCalST8

Vendor
Bike
ST1300, ST1100, R1
Almost everyone I know just tucked the gasket aside and I personally did not have any mirror adjusting / movement issue.

I am not sure about the wind noise being from the gasket or more from the light and bracket assembly that’s in the wind. I have not noticed the issue you have.

I put mine on last night. There is a rubber gasket between the bike and the mirror. For now I put it over the mount as much as I could but it makes the mirror movement restricted. I know I could remove the gasket but don't want to. There is enough wind noise now! Any other idea? Slightly longer down tube on mount?

Last edited:
Sorry, did not mean wind noise from the mount, just the rest of the bike and my helmet is pretty noisy. What I get for going cheap I guess.

Thanks for the reply! I pulled the gasket over the mount and stuck it between the mirror and mount. But I tested it yesterday and still able to adjust the mirrors. All is good !

Now to figure out how to make my Cycle Gear helmet quieter until I get a good one.

Yeah, never had a quiet one. With the windshield all the way up, its not too bad, but then its too hot in SC to not have the wind!

I am trying to find a way to listen to bluetooth messages from Waze and music. But after only about 30mph, the noise is too much even at full volume.
Ordered a cheap set of wired ear buds that work like ear plugs to reduce noise... not much hope but going to try..
Tried helmet mounted bluetooth but nada.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
@Cal

the only time my mirror fairing came off was when i did my first lane splitting on the 101 Fwy. Hit a car mirror and my fairing popped off and hung by the safety strap. Small scratch but no damage otherwise. Not so sure about the car, which kept going. Anyways, the concern is the fairing would hit the lower bracket because it appears to be higher than the lower edge of the mirror fairing.

@Mega
I use a open or closed faced modular helmet with the Sena20s with speakers and boom mic. No problem hearing music, gps nav, phone and 2-way radios. Yes i have to adjust the volume for different speeds and devices, but im satisied.

Bike
2009 ST 1300
Has anybody used these with the PIAA 910s, 110 W per side? Had these on my ST 11 with the Ron Major mounting brackets. I kept them when I sold my upgraded to ST13 4 years ago and I can tell they want to burn a hole through the night once more. I do have the single bolt mounting brackets that came with the PIAAs, but wasn't sure about heat and proximity to brackets and mirror housing.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Megathumper said:
Ordered a cheap set of wired ear buds that work like ear plugs to reduce noise... not much hope but going to try..
Tried helmet mounted bluetooth but nada.
Helmet speakers vary in sensitivity and sound output. They need to be placed aligned with the ear canal and as close to the ear without pressing on it for maximum sound. There are third-party ear speakers that are said to provide more and better output than the Sena 20S for instance.

Also helmets generate a lot of wind noise. A.lot. If you have yet to try ear plugs you should. You'll be amazed how much better you can hear over all once the wind noise is attenuated. As ears and comfort levels vary different earplugs will yield different results for different people and noise reduction. So like mama told you— you better shop around.

Earbuds that fit well may are may not work well as noise reducers. The bodies of earbuds aren't necessarily designed to isolate noise and can instead transmit it right into your ear.

Odds are they won't work as well as proper earplugs. In a car (as a passenger obviously) or walking down the street that level of isolation is ok. But on a bike there may be a danger of turning up the volume (piped directly into your ear) to overcome the wind noise. You may not be not blocking the noise as much as masking it and ears pay the price. Even moderately loud levels can permanently damage hearing if sustained.

When trying your earbuds use them with the bike off at a level you consider safe for your ears. Then ride and note the speed at which you're inclined to up the volume. Turn it up until it sounds good at speed. THEN pull over and kill the engine and note the difference in levels. If it's more than you'd normally use then those buds as plugs are a bad idea.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Has anybody used these with the PIAA 910s, 110 W per side?
I haven't but I bet those 910s weigh close to 2lbs each. I think that's a lot of weight for anything but metal brackets unless maybe something like F4 epoxy fiberglass or similar is used.

Thanks for the input guys. I have tried ear plugs but just the cheap foam ones. Can't hear anything with those in either! I am worried about blasting the sound level, so I may have to give up until I can get a somewhat quieter helmet. I normally use Shoei's and they do ok... but this time I went cheap and got what I paid for!

OP
OP
SoCalST8

SoCalST8

Vendor
Bike
ST1300, ST1100, R1
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Auxiliary lights on Amazon [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]JAHURD LED Light Bar 18W Spot, 2 PCS 3" Inch Round Work Light Bars Spot Lamp LED Pods Driving Fog Lights for Off-road,4WD, Truck, Car, ATV, SUV, Ford,Jeep,Motocycle,Boat -Waterproof IP67 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075172GBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wHyEBbFHMSW7Q[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]6D Race Light, Round 4” 40W 4000LM Spot Light Off Road Super Bright Waterproof 4X4 Driving Running Motorcycle Lights, 2 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FS53NR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_SIyEBb1AZBV52[/FONT][/FONT]

Top Bottom