ST1300 vs C-14

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Kawa already has CC on their Canadian model... that's all they need to do to their US model... then it beats the FJR hands down. It has 6th gear their owners complain about, better suspension, better warranty... 3 years unlimited miles, upgradeable to 9 years unlimited miles (yes, 9 years!)... even Honda can't match that! :)

Critters

Retired Black Rat
Bike
Red 2003 ST1300
STOC #
Having used them all at work the ST although now looking dated gets my vote every time, I will look forward to what (if anything) Honda bring out over the next few years. On a side note a guy I work with bought a VFR1200 to replace his crashed 1300 only to sell it for another 1300, as his pillion did not like the seating position of the 1200.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
The Honda/Yamaha owners or the Kawa owners?

Explain the difference, please.
6th gear is a big complaint from FJR owners... looks like the suspension on the FJR has been upgraded to fully adjustable, so a wash there. Slipper clutch on the C14, none on FJR... traction control, heated grips, and ABS are standard across both bikes now.

Taz

Mike
Bike
08-ST1300
Rode the ST for 3 yrs- No issues the entire time, I did add risers, McCruise, top case, Sargent and all the little addons we all read about. Changed over to the C-14 this spring and again no issues with this bike so far, Standard ABS, heated grips, Trac control. and will say if I went back to ST, I would pay the money to make sure it had these as they are worth it. Add risers, Rostra cruise, Sargent, top case. A littlr remap and the C14 is a little bit more fun with the power and with a flip of the switch off traction and she too rides like a uni-cycle. Nether is a bad bike and it looks like whatever you buy - Unlike healthcare nothing is for free, so you will have to pay for the CC and other add-ons that you like - its what keeps capitalism going or is that government doing that........Well now I'm confused

Taz

Rode the ST for 3 yrs- No issues the entire time, I did add risers, McCruise, top case, Sargent and all the little addons we all read about. Changed over to the C-14 this spring and again no issues with this bike so far, Standard ABS, heated grips, Trac control. and will say if I went back to ST, I would pay the money to make sure it had these as they are worth it. Add risers, Rostra cruise, Sargent, top case. A littlr remap and the C14 is a little bit more fun with the power and with a flip of the switch off traction and she too rides like a uni-cycle. Nether is a bad bike and it looks like whatever you buy - Unlike healthcare nothing is for free, so you will have to pay for the CC and other add-ons that you like - its what keeps capitalism going or is that government doing that........Well now I'm confused

Taz
On topic, I have currently have a 2012 C14, and my thoughts as it compares to the ST are as follows.

Better handling, much faster, smooth as silk engine, TPM, traction control, great weather protection, and less expensive to boot. The only area the C14 is inferior to the ST IMO range. I can get about 220 miles before I need to fuel up on the C14.

As for the FJR, Yamaha made some nice changes, but it's not as good of a package as the C14.

Last edited by a moderator:

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
On topic, I have currently have a 2012 C14, and my thoughts as it compares to the ST are as follows.

Better handling, much faster, smooth as silk engine, TPM, traction control, great weather protection, and less expensive to boot. The only area the C14 is inferior to the ST IMO range. I can get about 220 miles before I need to fuel up on the C14.

As for the FJR, Yamaha made some nice changes, but it's not as good of a package as the C14.
+1 :)

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
I'd have bought the C-14 instead of the ST UNTIL the wife got on the back and WE went for a ride.

She veto'd the bike on seating position.

I cant explain further....She wont.

My C-10 went 142k miles....They did not replace that model with a dog.

Ride them all let your heart sort them out. Take the pillion if you ride with one.

Have fun with the search!

Bike
2012 Black ST13
I bought my new '12 ST1300 over the C14 for two reasons. It was no more expensive, and I didn't trust myself with the performance of the big Kawasaki...just too flippin' fast! I'm having enough problems keeping the ST under 90 right now, and figured that wouldn't even be a possibility with the C14. My son has a K1600GT, and he's not real happy with it...says it's too big! He's just been riding a couple of years and has been trading bikes at the rate of about 2/yr., but with what he paid for the BMW, I think he might have it for a while unless he wants to take a real beating!

Top Bottom