Staintune / aftermarket pipe question

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask someone who has the staintune pipes to give me the length and diameter of the muffler.

I am thinking about grafting a set of aftermarket pipes on my 2004 ST and would like to know the dimension of the tunes. From the pics it seems to me they are a little shorter than the stock cans.

Thank you in advance !

Henrik

The Staintune's dimensions are approximately:
Can: 18" long, 5.5/3.5 Dia (it's oval shaped)
-the mounting tab is 6" from the front edge.
Tail pipe: 1.5 long, 2 D.
Front pipe: 11.5 long + whatever fits inside the stock exhaust pipe

The front pipe slants up to the muffler and does not contain the catalytic converter that the stock pipe has.

Hope this helps give you a rough idea of sizes. I don't have a stock can handy for comparison.

I grafted a set from a Ducati 998. Very similar in size to the tunes. $60 for the cans on ebay including shipping. Lots of tig welding. Cored them out to 1.2". I have not heard them next to a set of tunes yet, but they are much more reasonable on sound level compared the two bros. Pull the saddle bags and ya see DUCATI! (I ground off all of the other legal mumbo jumbo). I have pics and suggestions, if needed.

I grafted a set from a Ducati 998. Very similar in size to the tunes. $60 for the cans on ebay including shipping. Lots of tig welding. Cored them out to 1.2". I have not heard them next to a set of tunes yet, but they are much more reasonable on sound level compared the two bros. Pull the saddle bags and ya see DUCATI! (I ground off all of the other legal mumbo jumbo). I have pics and suggestions, if needed.
Oh please, lets see pics...

Top Bottom