Staintune Mufflers ST1100

Bike
'05 ST1300
I've just finished installing a set of Staintune sport mufflers on my '01 ST1100.

As with the previous two Staintune products I've owned, the fit and finish is superb, installation straightforward (about 45 minutes with a little fiddling) and customer service +1.

Pro's- Great looking high quality stainless, awesome crisp and clean rumble (which can be amplified somewhat with the removal of the spuds), easy resale (and retained value), nothing to wear out, nothing to service and they're considerably lighter!

Con's- Pricey, but as your Dad would have told you 'you get what you pay for son'.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
That is the first ST 1100 that I have seen them on! I like the look. I am very happy with the Staintune mufflers on my ST 1300!

Bike
ST1300
What do these cost? What else is there to choose from? Just wanted to see if anyone still posts here... All these threads seem pretty old.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
A google search will give you a current price....and yeah, it's pretty old stuff on here because the ST1100 was last sold in this country in 2002....but they last forever......ff

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I've got a used set for sale. The left side one sustained heavy damage from a cage caused crash a couple of years ago but the right one is perfect. All one needs to find is a complementary set! Make me an offer for one or both.

Bike
ST1300
I just bought a almost new 2012, purchased new by the guy I bought it from in March this year.
I found some Delkavic's on Ebay in 14" or 18", round or tri-oval in stainless or carbon fiber choices. Prices for a pair start at $365 for the 14" stubby stainless.

just managed to secure the last new set of st1100 staintunes in existence. I’m led to believe they’ve been hiding away at the factory for some time. fingers crossed ill have them in the next week or so. This will be my 3rd staintuned bike and if the quality and performance is similar to my last 2 ill be stoked.
hoping for a little less weight, a little more grunt and a little more noise.

Attachments

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
just managed to secure the last new set of st1100 staintunes in existence. I’m led to believe they’ve been hiding away at the factory for some time.
I know where you can get 'em covered in Cosmoline still in the crate on the dock for $25!

Years and years ago I would hear stories like that all the time usually about WWII H-Ds and other items. And there was always some old guy who'd say – after somebody talked about something they just bought – 'Ya shouldda come to me son. I know where ya can get it wholesale!' Old guys – they're a laugh-riot. Oh wait...

Normally I hold that noisy motorcycles off track are for kids. But every rule has its exceptions. From page 5 of the Honda CBX Super Sport review in the February 1978 issue of Cycle:

"From the beginning," Irimajiri explained, "our Six produced a smooth jetlike exhaust sound. But with an ordinary exhaust arrangement, it wasn't that close to a jet. We thought if we worked on it we could come up with a motorcycle sound like no one has ever heard before.
"So we sent some engineers to the Hyakuri Japanese Air Force base in Chiba prefecture. For ten days they tape-recorded the sound of Phantom jet fighters, and then came back and designed an exhaust system for the CBX that could duplicate that sound. When I heard it for the first time I was amazed; they had captured the Phantom sound perfectly."

"I rode the bike at our Suzuka test circuit," Sato said. "We had the HERT endurance racers out at the same time. It was crazy. The Six, with its Phantom exhaust, made me feel like I was going 200 when I was only going 100. The bike's sound had a feel - a noise quality and texture - completely different from anything I have ever experienced. It sounded better than the HERT bikes."

There more to this and lots more to the entire review that makes for great reading starting here. It's enough to make an old guy weep and pine for the good ol' days.

Full disclosure: the Double Ugly is one of my all time favorite aircraft (along with the Hog).

Top Bottom