StarCom and Cell Phones with Stereo Plugs

STOC #
I've been having alot of trouble getting my Cingular 8125 /HTC Wizard cell phone working with my Starcom. The problem is with the proprietary four-conductor Pocket PC Phone jack. I couldn't find anyone who made a converter. You know you have this problem if the plug for your headset looks like this:

I Finally found what I need, in fact it is even better. Pocket PC Techs sells this adapter it not only converts the plug to Mono, it is the stereo that screws up the StarCom, it adds a Answer/Mute button. This is an issue because any of you that have Windows Mobile 5 devices have probably learned that you can not configure auto answer for just Bluetooth or Just Handsfree. You have to set your auto answer for all calls. With this adapter I just have to grab the button and answer the call.
From PPC Techs Website:
P/N: PPCPADPT03
This adapter converts the proprietary four-conductor Pocket PC Phone jack to a standard 2.5 mm. headset jack, allowing you to use your favorite headset with your Cingular 8125. This five-inch adapter cable includes an answer/mute button that is compatible with the Pocket PC Phone Edition (PPCPE).

Attachments

OP
OP
ShinySideUpAZ
STOC #
Auto Answer works with mine, only thing is once I turn on auto answer, it is always on. On all of my other cell phones I could set auto answer to only be on with using bluetooth or if the headset was plugged in. All other times the phone would roll to voicemail.

OP
OP
ShinySideUpAZ
STOC #
That's what's so cool about the adapter, just push the button. In order to weather proof it, I am going to wrap the button in some thin tubbing then heat shrink the assembly. I didn't want to buy the $180 bluetooth option, because most of the time I don't want to be reachable on the bike. However, when on long rides by myself, my family would feel more secure if they could call and just see if I was ok.

Bike
st1300
STOC #
I have a StarCom bluetooth adaptor listed in the for sale thread. Don't need it now that I have hard wired my Zumo.

Bob...

Top Bottom