STOC TAG

Well guys, the tags were supposed to leave for Ecuador today and they are not going to make it. I have been in the hospital since Sunday and can't travel for a while.

George, please let me know where to send the tags and book and I will try to go them out as soon as possible.

Jack

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Well guys, the tags were supposed to leave for Ecuador today and they are not going to make it. I have been in the hospital since Sunday and can't travel for a while.

George, please let me know where to send the tags and book and I will try to go them out as soon as possible.

Jack
Jack, sorry you didn't get to travel, hope yur mending quickly. :D

Folks, looking for a new "ride" for the STOC Tags, anyone got an exotic adventure in the offing? Write back to me and/or Jack to get your hands on the package. Also, still awaiting an addition to the string for Roy Lee Tuttle, King of Moonshine Store.

Tags were riding yesterday. The fellows were trying to decide if they wanted to go to space!
IMG_2044 (2).jpg

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Jack, sorry you didn't get to travel, hope yur mending quickly. :D

Folks, looking for a new "ride" for the STOC Tags, anyone got an exotic adventure in the offing? Write back to me and/or Jack to get your hands on the package. Also, still awaiting an addition to the string for Roy Lee Tuttle, King of Moonshine Store.
If they don't mind a non-moto excursion I'd be pleased to have them accompany me to Roatan at the end of February, for a few days on a liveaboard sailboat / SCUBA thing. Not sure how they'd feel about having no wheels involved, though.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Keith, I'm sure they would love to go. I took them to China and wasn't on a bike. They had a great time there.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Keith, I'm sure they would love to go. I took them to China and wasn't on a bike. They had a great time there.

Well then, if they're not busy somewhere else and if they'd like to come diving with me, it'd be a pleasure to share the experience. There's even an extra cabin for them on the boat, I think, so they won't have to put up with my snoring in quite such tight quarters.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Keith, it's all about the travel, the mode makes little diff. They have certainly traveled far and wide via air already. :D

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Hi all-

The boyz arrived safe and sound and warm and dry this afternoon, thanks to MoonDoggie's over-the-top packaging. The care he took to keep them safe- no fewer than THREE separate envelopes one inside another- shows his regard and esteem for them. I hope I can do them justice while they are in my care.

I'm going to start them off with a bang, by taking them to the New Year's Eve costumes-required gala this evening being thrown by friends of ours, recognizing twenty years of marriage to one another. The costume theme is "Heroes and Villains"-- no question as to which category THIS group will be part of.

:run1::hat3::capwin:

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
So I didn't have time to post this last night before taking the boyz to the big party, but I've tried to make them feel welcome here at the house:

As matters turned out they elected not to appear at the party and just hung out quietly in my hotel room, so there's no party picture to post.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
The boyz are helping me preview routes for CampSTOC XII, and to select possible dinner sites and watering holes in and around Lewisburg, PA. Tonight they selected The Smiling Chameleon Draft House (4.3 out of 5 stars) and were rewarded with good food, excellent locally-brewed adult beverages, and friendly service and atmosphere.

Following the instructions, here they are blending in...

At lunch they tried the Country Cabinet- Lewisburg's local answer to the Cracker Barrel- and were rewarded with a decent but not remarkable buffet. Friendly service and an ample dining room promise good things for the event weekend.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Today the boyz and I went for a hike in Bald Eagle State Forest, in central Pennsylvania. Despite chilly, damp conditions, they seemed to have enjoyed themselves.

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Hi Keith,
You mean Country "Cupboard' right? I had a decent meal there. Thanks for checking out the local watering holes1

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
It sure seems like a ways off yet, especially considering the weather forecast for the next several days in my area, but the MLR is coming up quickly! I'm still on target to take the boys to Roatan starting a week from Saturday, for a week of warming up in the tropical sun, but after that they are going to need a boost if they are going to make it to Moonshine on time.

Is anyone thinking they will pass within a "reasonable" (and I'm willing to stretch the definition quite a bit) distance to the MD suburbs of DC, so that I could make an in-person handoff as so strongly encouraged, any time between Feb 28th and the MLR dates? Otherwise, I'll be happy to put them in the mail to the next host and honoree... just need to know who it's going to be.

Thanks!

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
The boys were tired after the trip to Roatan so they stayed behind today, but Mrs. IBike2HaveFun and I strolled around the West End area to see what's what. We found the Roatanian version of the Happy Meal:

IMG_0940w.jpg

and also found that the "road" up to our lodging would NOT be ST-friendly:

IMG_0929w.jpg

I'll spend tomorrow showing the fellas around town. Rumor has it that there's good Key Lime pie to be had in the opposite direction from where we wandered today, along with a-number-one primo rotisserie chicken.

Last edited:
Top Bottom