Stock exhaust modifications?

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
+1 on 'tunes. I used to give my wife a hard time about the Screaming Eagles she put on her Harleys until I popped for a pair from the boys down under. Definitely sound nice!!

John

I notice a lot of you guys run STain Tunes. But does anyone have in any experience with Two Brothers? There a little easier on the back pocket.

Do Not,
Do Not drill out your pipes. I did with a friend and
many beers on a Sunday afternoon. Just get the
after-market pipes and ride. I'm sure the Tunes are
nice. I like my two Bros. You will be happy with
whichever you decide.
waltzy

Thanks for the input guys! I missed a set of Two Bros on E-bay not long ago.
Would like the Tunes but nothing wrong with my stock exhaust! Just trying to justify!

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
At the risk of getting flamed, don't drill the cans on your ST. That's like putting a coffee-can exhaust on a Mercedes-Benz! Drilling exhausts are for guys who ride Katana's, CBR600's, etc.

The 'tunes give a very respectable report to the otherwise domestic sounding stock exhaust. I've had several guys who know bikes comment with suprise that the ST sounded much better than expected.. They would be the first mod if I had to do it again. The ST is the best ride I've ever had..commuting daily 25 miles one way..wallows a bit in the high speed sweepers..need to tune the suspension a bit.. but still what a great bike.

STOC #
cowboyflyer:

I got a set of Staintunes for my V-Strom from these guys. Took a while but when they got here they were perfect.

One thing, make sure you keep all the contact info when, and if, you order. They aren't the best about keeping you informed about when to expect delivery. At least that was my experience. I would order from them again though.

http://www.sporttour.com/motorcycle_accessory/exhaust.htm

Jeff

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
You might give Joe Sears a call... www.spoiledbiker.com he carries 1300 stuff, but he might be able to hook you up with a set for your 1100 ;) Great service... :bow1: always returns calls and emails... even returned an email question I had on the weekend :eek: Supports this site :bow1:

Just looked... he does carry them for the 1100... Call 1-877-246-7187 for price and availability ;)

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the info.

Hey Sherob! just got off the phone with Joe Sear. He is a nice guy from what I can tell. I would buy from him if he was a little higher! I gettem in two
weeks! Christmas in July!

Modify your stock Exhaust !!!!!!!

You can get an AWESOME sound out of your stock exhaust,....

But not by drilling,,,

1. get a grinder and cut off the end of the stocl can
2. completely gut the exhaust packing and cut the mount leaving just a
hollow can with the 2 pipes going back,,,

3. cut the pipes welded to the inside of the cans about as close as you can get to the cap you cut off without hitting the weld,,,

4. weld the cap pack on,,

Sounds DEEEEEPP and not loud at all,,, Nicest Mod I ever did !!!!!!!!

ga06rider said:
If you gut your pipes, does that really reduce the weight or just make them sound better?
MY BAD....!!!!!!!

I did tthe outlined procedure on my VFR,,, If you ever seen a 05 VFR it has the exact same exhaust,,, but i will be doing on my st very soon,,,

100MPG

Convert
Bike
'09 GoldWing
STOC #
MY BAD....!!!!!!!

I did tthe outlined procedure on my VFR,,, If you ever seen a 05 VFR it has the exact same exhaust,,, but i will be doing on my st very soon,,,
Just a shot in the dark, did you ever do this to the ST? I did it on the other end, near the CAT but left the cat intact. Sounds VERY quiet, almost stock.
Post with all three videos. Stock, modded, and open.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=254086&postcount=2

With cam mounted on handle bar.
http://www.100mpg.us/images/st1300/M...TRESTVIDEO.wmv

Last edited:
Top Bottom