Sun, May 12th, Mother's Day...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
G'Day...

442462772_826616112836018_5365220275624267364_n.jpg

Who invented it? The Swiss! (to quote their famous cough candy commercial... ;))

I'm truly thankful to Mr. Eric Favre for his ingenuity fetching that Nespresso maker...
So comfy... so quick... so tasteful... <slurp!> yep, oil pressure raising, idle stabilizing... <slurp!> much better... :cool:

Already 20°C, blue skies, sun is up, 60% RH though, grass and porch are damp... and the marten left his droppings again, what a weasel...

Fear is already raising though, GF's daughters have announced their visit for lunch... mama-day and that...
So with the grand-kid we'll have 4 girls in da house... guess I'm grabbing my Peltor hearing protectors... serenity now!

No aurora gazing last night, thick overcast...
So we sat outside looking out for Igor instead... the small bat is always something to observe... silently zig-zagging around, munching on flying vermin...
During one low level, barrel-roll maneuver he barely missed my freakishly large head... uh?! :oops:

Ordered some tires, front and rear... € 200,-...

For the robo mower though...
Despite all the frequent maintenance it starts to show wear and tear... gazillions of operating hours...
the front coasters have gotten wobbly, the rear drive wheels worn on their hex pickups...
So before it starts dragging wheels like those famous mars rovers... ;)
Interestingly despite all and everyone is eager on selling you those nifty little machines, no one carries spares for them...
Took me an hour to find a shop way up in Germany (Klingons, yuch...) carrying the required items...
Thankful for PayPal... was that also a Swiss thing?... dunno...

GF busy in the kitchen, stirring pots, chopping onions.... it's getting unruly here...

Take cover out there, praline boxes and bouquets flying really low this time of year... incoming!!!

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the amusing start Martin. My advice: GET OUT OF THE HOUSE until the estrogen levels drop below the Highly Toxic level.

It's 47°F and cloudy here in Rockville, with a short stretch of "scattered, light showers" due in the next hour [EDIT, five minutes later: it's raining, hard enough for me to hear it even with the windows closed. I guess the guessers guessed right on that one.] followed by a day of more sunny than otherwise. The high could get to 65.

I'll meet my friend and soon-to-be travel companion for lunch and a bike ride this afternoon. Other than that, light puttering and a bunch of whatnot are likely to fill in the hours.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Ay up me duck. I'll indulge.
I do like a bat, pine martens? Yeh, I spose, although they're very destructive little beggars. Our lawns are presently strewn in thick slimy hedgehog poop. You've gotta love a hog! But not their poop!
Another nice start here, haven't checked the forecast but it's got to thunder before the days out, I decree it. We should see 70 but there's a stiff one from the West.
Yesterday saw the planting finished for now, the lettuce protection fence was erected, straight and true, and the minute seed planted with aplomb.
Today, dunno, it might be more outside stuff, including another walk to the Milk Bar for more ice cream. More! MORE!
Av a gud un and remember, if you're struggling with your erection in a stiff one, don't ask the neighbour for help.
Upt.

Good Morning All!
Thank you for the fabulous wakey @ST1100Y
I may never look at Ricola the same - ever!
I don't think I've had Nespresso, but George Clooney has. Who else could make coffee look so debonair?

Yesterday saw the shed foundation going together.
My lovely wife enjoyed using the impact gun - putting the beams together.
I have to admit she's darn good with the drill too! A dream come true!
Now I've got to get several of my muscular friends together for a "put-together".

Martin, you might try obtaining a few House building, or Road and Track, or Field & Stream magazines to dilute the estrogen.
Hey, how 'bout them intercoolers eh?

Moving along with "stuff" today here at the ranch!

Y'all have a winderfill day!

Clooney!

Mornin’ y’all. Thanks for the coffee, @ST1100Y.

47 and still dark, with a few remnants of the aurora. Partly cloudy skies and a high of 80 should round out the day. Just a few days until FerrySToc and less than 3 weeks until my RTE. I might need to start shopping for propane for the grill and flat top, and another bag of pellets for the smoker. That brisket ain’t gonna smoke itself.

John

Morning all and thanks for the coffee Martin.

A cloudy 4C headed to a cloudy 13C on this lying wretch of a No-Sun-Day.

Yesterday saw yard work, and my skin didn't blister away in the Sun, nor the did the skin on my hands, despite the manual labor. Mrs. Obo started on her list of outside tasks I could do, despite the inside makeover still being in the works. (Arghh!) It saw multiple trees removed from the forest line to aid in her view of said forest when looking out the back windows. How cutting down trees helps you see the trees behinds them is beyond me.... maybe it's akin to repainting a room? That meant the bird feeder needed to be moved due to a lean in the pole and a new placement.... pulling a 3 foot spike out of the ground by brute force was a bit of a task, just to drive it back into the ground 3 foot away from where it was. Some dead fall was cleaned from the Winter winds and then the re-pointing of the front cement deck started. 24 2'x2' patio stone were lifted for the walk and the old damaged cement patch removed along the cement deck. I"ll be pouring a new patch in a 12' single pour, then relaying and leveling the patio stone back in place. It was interesting to see all the little sugar ants under the blocks.

IMG_6854.JPG

In the evening it was a quick consumption of fast food, which is getting almost as expensive as sit down! Followed by a trip to the other expensive food place, the grocery store. We came across this lovely sign. Some folks are just too dumb..... hope you're not one of them :rofl1: No, I'm sure you're not.

IMG_6862.JPG

And almost lastly before I shut up, today's random sentence: They did nothing as the raccoon attacked the lady’s bag of food.

Enjoy you Sunday,

Obo.

Last edited:
G'morning, all, and thanks for the start, Martin. I could use a stiff espresso or two this morning. And some ibuprofen.

We seem to be in a pattern of gloomy, rainy days, interspersed with a beautiful day or two, here and there. After a lovely, sunny day yesterday, it got very cloudy and eventually, rainy last night, so seeing the aurora was a no-go, sadly. Probably too many city lights anyway. We're back to dark and soggy today, but the temps are OK: 12°C/54°F now, 17°C/63°F later.

@Sadlsor: Happy Birthday, sir, here's to another revolution around the sun. Oh, wait, no...that's just an orange burger joint. Hope you get to ride today.

Everyone have a good one, stay safe and go safely.

Patty

Thx Martin!
15˚c/59f, sunny, light wind from south. Nice.

Yesterday I joined my daughters FIL on a fishing trip.
He’s turning 80, and his wife don’t want him to go alone….
We had a fantastic day, but with zero catch.

Today will be dinner with Mrs Stus family……pfffffft!

Have a good one!
Stu

Strong current, almost like a river……….Straumane

IMG_3236.jpeg

good morning all. thank you Martin for the coffee. 56F on the dog walk with just a cloud here and there and some stars to see. its off to Coolidge this morning for dog training. after that is anyone's guess. I'll just wait and see. with the high being 86F this afternoon what ever we plan I'm sure it will be inside. enjoy the day

stay safe

Morning all! 11C with clear skies, sun and 18C to come.

Happy Mothers Day all and Happy Birthday Mark!

My wife is up in Qualicum Beach to spend the day with her step mother which gives me time to get a gift and a card. It's not like I didn't know this was coming....

Other than that, there's grass to be cut, dogs to be walked, dinner to be planned (where to order from :D )....it's a full agenda day. Time for a nap!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning, and thanks for the start, Martin.

It's partly cloudy and 43 in MA this morning.
It'll rise to 59 and become cloudy later, with a slight chance of a rain shower.

Yesterday, since Brenda couldn't think of anything she wanted to do, I took the Wing South into CT.
I've ridden these roads before, but they were still fun. All the way to Mystic and Stonington.
It was a nice enough day that Mystic was crowded.
Since I was so close, I made a stop at the Submarine Museum in Groton.
It was nice to touch base, again.

1000005024.jpg

1000005025.jpg
I never visited the Nautilus when I served, but did do maintenance on her sister ship, the Skipjack.

1000005026.jpg

@Sadlsor , you must remember this:
1000005027.jpg

Have a great day,
Steve

Morning Martin & All from sunny, Southern Utah!

Currently it is 34F, heading for 76F! no breeze now, later we'll see the winds from the N@9 to 15mph.

We had some "wrap-around" set of storms yesterday, that the Weather gurus told us we wouldn't see, ya right.

20240511_Storms2.jpg

From it all, we got about 5 minutes of rain. But that areas around us did get some good rain out of it.

20240511_Storms.jpg

And nothing to see last night with all the clouds. :well1:

For the last three days, I've been waking up between 6 & 7AM, and can't get back to sleep. I guess my body is getting me ready for the cruise up the Mississippi river, later this week.

While putting the snowblower away for the season, I had to move the 2006 ST1300P. I had taken the battery out of it a couple of months ago, so I haven't started it in a while. After removing it from the HF Wheel Chock, when I went to put it back I couldn't get it back on it, with just my strength, so I got a battery and put it. It totally amazes me that it started right up! :thumb:

Chris is still asleep, but once she gets up, we'll have some Lazyman's breakfast, since we have some bananas that need to be eaten.

Anyone ::wht13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

Back
Top Bottom