Super Brace

I have a fork brace made by motorcycle larry. Question is when installing , looks like the fork covers(bug sheild ) at top of fender, need to be either cut off or remove bottom of forks and slide off.The brace looks pretty easy install...couple bolts .... not sure when it comes to cutting the bug sheilds ...any ideas?
Thanks

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I have a fork brace made by motorcycle larry. Question is when installing , looks like the fork covers(bug sheild ) at top of fender, need to be either cut off or remove bottom of forks and slide off.The brace looks pretty easy install...couple bolts .... not sure when it comes to cutting the bug sheilds ...any ideas?
Thanks
Cut them off with a dremmel tool. Be careful not to score your forks.

OP
OP
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I think it'll be an inprovement over stock setup. I love this bike.

STOC #
I cut mine off with a Stanley knife with a fresh blade. Pushed up from the bottom, careful to keep the blade away from the fork tube.

STOC #
I have them. I don't understand what you mean cut thenm off? The pics dont come up for chucks thumbnails. I have had mine on since last summer and had no trouble getting them on. Have they changed? or did I leave something off and not remember? Mine are the black
bobhavingthesrmomentandnotrememberingit

Top Bottom