Super camper

On a recent trip to Austin, Texas. Moto GP. I set up camp in the tent camping area. Then went to the track to look around, watch some qualifying. Upon my return someone was setting up camp next to me, so the begins the conversation. Now I have camp some over the years, on my bike, horseback, wilderness backpacking, so am pretty frugal about it, or so I thought. My new neighbor arrived on a brand new, first one in Texas Honda 125 Cub. He travelled a couple hundred miles to the event at a whopping 45-55 mph. No saddle bags, a bike and 2small backpacks. Small backpack.....lol
He proceeded to unload a small tent, chair, table, 12x12 awning, projector, projector screen, cooking equipment, video equipment, sleeping pad, solar charging system...…..I was amazingly impressed. So where many other people who stopped by to talk. We watched a movie, shot the breeze and had a good evening. Of course the storms and wind the following day pretty much destroyed the campground. I sat in my tent to hold it down a good part of the day, as did he...….We where one of the few to survive.
So upon further conversation I find out he owns like 16 scooters and motorcycle. He travels around doing blogs of scooter travels. Quasimotard This is a kinda long watch but at the end is some pics of the whole setup. Super nice guy so I thought I would post up for him.

Bike
GL 1800 Goldwing
On a recent trip to Austin, Texas. Moto GP. I set up camp in the tent camping area. Then went to the track to look around, watch some qualifying. Upon my return someone was setting up camp next to me, so the begins the conversation. Now I have camp some over the years, on my bike, horseback, wilderness backpacking, so am pretty frugal about it, or so I thought. My new neighbor arrived on a brand new, first one in Texas Honda 125 Cub. He travelled a couple hundred miles to the event at a whopping 45-55 mph. No saddle bags, a bike and 2small backpacks. Small backpack.....lol
He proceeded to unload a small tent, chair, table, 12x12 awning, projector, projector screen, cooking equipment, video equipment, sleeping pad, solar charging system...…..I was amazingly impressed. So where many other people who stopped by to talk. We watched a movie, shot the breeze and had a good evening. Of course the storms and wind the following day pretty much destroyed the campground. I sat in my tent to hold it down a good part of the day, as did he...….We where one of the few to survive.
So upon further conversation I find out he owns like 16 scooters and motorcycle. He travels around doing blogs of scooter travels. Quasimotard This is a kinda long watch but at the end is some pics of the whole setup. Super nice guy so I thought I would post up for him.
Thank You for sharing something nice. I too love to tent camp.

Trapperdog

R.I.P. - 2022/10/14
Rest In Peace
Bike
09 ST1300 PA
Always impressive. We have a local kid here that rode from San Jose Ca to Alaska and back on an 8 hp scooter a while back. Then did it again on a slightly larger scooter. Great write up on the ADV forum somewhere.

Top Bottom