SuperBrace for ABS

TwoBrittanys

aka itsbent
Bike
'04 ST1300ABS
Just got my SuperBrace fork brace for my '04 1300ABS. The instructions say for non-ABS. I don't remember a choice when I ordered it from Pashnit. Does it matter? Also what's the torque for the front axle pinch bolts on an '04 ABS model. It also came with stainless steel dust shields. The instructions say to remove the stock plastic ones. Of course they would have be destroyed to get them off. Think there would be any problem reusing them? With the MCL brace you can glue the stock shields to the top of the fork brace. Thanks in advance for the help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
OP
OP
TwoBrittanys

TwoBrittanys

aka itsbent
Bike
'04 ST1300ABS
I finally got a chance to see if the brace will fit. It won't. The cable from the ABS sensor interferes with the brace. I don't want to alter my ABS in any way so I guess i'll be returning that Farkle to sender. Oh well.

Bike
ST1300 '08
definitely file this under FWIW.. but you don't need the fork brace. I put one on my DL650 and LOVED it, but that bike NEEDS a fork brace big-time. Real long fork travel, much thinner forks/per length ratio than on the ST, etc.. coming from that bike to the ST, you don't need the fork brace... but as I said, that's just me. I would lose zero sleep over it.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Can't tell which bike you own ST1100 or ST1300?
If it is an 1100 ABS your forks are larger and they actually don't *need* a brace.
I have a brace on my 1100 standard and like what it did for the front end; but, I wouldn't put one on an ABS model...

Top Bottom