suspension set up for riding 2-up

Depends on weight... there are directions for setting up the bike on the board here somewhere ( will look for link ).

But I can tell you the for me with 2up, at about 350lbs and at about 400lbs fully gear loaded, My best setting seems to be about 90% of preload.... Or turn the preload in to all but 1-2 turns.

For just me, I turn it down less just a bit more by 1 or 2 turns

When you turn the preload wheel on the left side of the bike under the seat - how many turns from full soft (fully counterclockwise) does it take before you feel resistance? The Showa shock has a tendency to lose preload travel over time so it takes more and more turns to add a certain amount of preload. This makes it difficult to use the same preload setting as someone else does. If his takes up at 1 click and your takes 12 .... you get the same preload with 18 clicks as he gets with 7 clicks.

It is easy to top off the oil in the preloader to reset the preload travel back to brand new. There are 36 or so clicks of travel so if yours takes 12 clicks to even begin working you only have 2/3 of the preload travel left which is a huge deal for 2 up riding. The stock spring is too light for two up riding and needs all the help it can get.

For rebound damping many of us like damping at 1.5 to 2 turns out from full hard although the owner's manual suggests 1 turn out. I never ride 2 up so others that do will chime in.

Back
Top Bottom