Suspension Tuning Book

ChriSTian_64

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Another interesting book in my mailbox, this morning.
Sportbike Suspension Tuning : How to improve your motorcycle’s handling and performance, by Andrew Trevitt, former senior editor of Sport Rider magazine and a former roadracer

20200824_153725.jpg

If you take time to think twice about it, the role of the suspension is much more than just giving you a more comfortable ride. It is one of the factor that contribute the most to the handling and performance of your bike.

Hence, the need to better understand this topic. It says that most motorcycle owners don't take the full potential of their suspension adjustments, because they don't understand well all the dynamics involved and they dont feel confident enough in understanding how the different parts works together and how to adjust them.
It really seemed to be writen for the average motorcycle owner that just want to better understand, adjust or modify his suspension.

Table of content.
20200824_153442.jpg

The book is full of color pictures showing parts, schematic showing the dynamics, all on glossy paper. About half an inch thick (1 cm). I paid about $20 on Amazon... or fleebay, not sure.

It will be a good winter reading.
Hey, winter is a long season in Canada.

20200824_132349.jpg

Last edited:
Another interesting book in my mailbox, this morning.
Sportbike Suspension Tuning : How to improve your motorcycle’s handling and performance, by Andrew Trevitt, former senior editor of Sport Rider magazine and a former roadracer

View attachment 260880

If you take time to think twice about it, the role of the suspension is much more than just giving you a more comfortable ride. It is one of the factor that contribute the most to the handling and performance of your bike.

Hence, the need to better understand this topic. It says that most motorcycle owners don't take the full potential of their suspension adjustments, because they don't understand well all the dynamics involved and they dont feel confident enough in understanding how the different parts works together and how to adjust them.
It really seemed to be writen for the average motorcycle owner that just want to better understand, adjust or modify his suspension.

Table of content.
View attachment 260881

The book is full of color pictures showing parts, schematic showing the dynamics, all on glossy paper. About half an inch thick (1 cm). I paid about $20 on Amazon... or fleebay, not sure.

It will be a good winter reading.
Hey, winter is a long season in Canada.

View attachment 260882
Looks interesting Christian and glad to see section 8 covers one of the most important suspension components.
Upt'North.

Looks like Chapter 7 intimates that most people don't know squat about suspension tuning. :rofl1:

Back
Top Bottom