STOC #
American Suzuki Files for Bankruptcy

Cars are out, motorcycles, ATVs and marine products are still in: CLICKY

--Mark

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Re: American Suzuki Files for Bankruptcy

Bummer to read this. But with this economy, there's only so much production capacity needed and all are in a tough spot.

I have to say I'm surprised that their auto division is closing, but not their cycle and marine divisions--I would have thought it the other way around.
:shrug1:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #

I have to say I'm surprised that their auto division is closing, but not their cycle and marine divisions--I would have thought it the other way around.
Based on what I see on the roads around here, Hyundai and possibly Ford are cleaning their clocks in the econobox market.

--Mark

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #

The Kizashi was a great car, but under powered... it needed MO POWER!

Bike
2006 ST1300
This is sorry to see. They struggled since the rigged Consumer Reports test of the Samurai. My wife owns a Forenza we bought used, and have been very happy with it. Great little car for the price. I always had, and still have, a strong love of the Samurai. Their SUVs are very durable vehicles for the money.

I was hoping for a real Suzuki truck in our market, but all we got was the rebadged Frontier.

sbond22

'06 ST1300A The DarkeST color
Bike
'06 ST1300A
According to auto industry analyst Koji Endo, " Basically, Suzuki does not need the United States, and the United States didn't need Suzuki. "

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
They did take a shot in their press release basically saying it wasn't worth the expense creating a special version to meet US and state emissions and other regs among other factors..... (like nobody was buying them).

Bike
2006 ST1300
They did take a shot in their press release basically saying it wasn't worth the expense creating a special version to meet US and state emissions and other regs among other factors..... (like nobody was buying them).
That is the downfall of many decent vehicles. While the Samurai sales tanked after the Consumer Reports fiasco, the nail in the coffin was when ABS and passive restraints were going to be required in the U.S., but nowhere else. Suzuki said forget it, and sold it elsewhere, but not the U.S. Would it have been worth it if they had continued high sales like the first year they were available here? Maybe...but even then, it was an economy vehicle with a low profit margin, and it would have been a very expensive redesign to meet new U.S. regulations.

Top Bottom