Swap Table @ RTE Lonestar Feb. 23rd 2020

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I cut and pasted this from my post of last year, and prior to that from Gizmo... plagiarism is basic to all cultures. ;) But he does say it best.

A swap table is a convenient to clean out your closet / shelf / garage of the various items you no longer need or want and obtain a little cash to fund future purchases, without having to deal with the hassle of shipping. Basically you post details about the items (i.e. the gloves you bought that were sized incorrectly, the lightly used jacket that no longer fits, the water-proof boot covers you don't need because you have waterproof boots, the extra oil filters because you bought a case of them) and list the price. If someone is interested they let you know and you bring the item with you and swap cash for the item. Unlike, say, auctions, there is no commission paid to anyone...including the swap table organizer:doh1: And occasionally there are items that people are simply willing to pass along to someone else.

Last year there were all sorts of items that changed hands. So check out your riding gear to see if it still fits after Christmas, look through the garage for items with a layer of dust, and post away!

Also, this can be is a great opportunity to check out gear. Are you potentially considering a new helmet but not certain of your head is the Arai shape? Or committed to buying Warm 'N Safe heated gloves but uncertain if XL or L fit best? Perhaps considering an upgraded seat but not certain when to get a Russel Day Long, Corbin, or Spencerized one? If so, post your request online and someone may be able to help by letting you see / try-on / test a piece of gear over lunch.

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
I can’t make the 23rd but I have a couple of items that I’m happy to make delivery arrangements for:

1. 1100 Gas tank, excellent shape
2. 1100 Stock seat, small tear
3. Olympia Airglide pants with liner, excellent shape, size 38

I probably have a few other pieces but they’re not coming to mind yet.

If anyone is interested in these items, I’ll make arrangements to get them to the RTE.

I’m also interested in the Neotec helmet, assuming Kiltman doesn’t get it...

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
What a great idea! :thumb:

One of the distinct benefits of the swap table at this particular RTE is that most people travel to it in vehicles with 4 wheels. Which means it is much, much easier to transport bulkier items than when we are on our preferred 2 wheel vehicles. So items like jackets, helmets, and windscreens don't require creative use of duct tape and ROK straps to make it safely to the swap table.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I have a 1997 ST1100 ABSII up for grabs. 194K kms (Currently in my trailer needs some assembly....putting the Tuperware back on and handlebars)

Audiovox cruise control server, needs switch gear and vacuum canister

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
I have a 1997 ST1100 ABSII up for grabs. 194K kms (Currently in my trailer needs some assembly....putting the Tuperware back on and handlebars)
I believe Uncle Phil has a bit of an affection for the ABSII models, I wonder if we might see him up at this RTE:) The mileage wouldn't scare him, I think he has multiple bikes with that many miles.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I believe Uncle Phil has a bit of an affection for the ABSII models, I wonder if we might see him up at this RTE:) The mileage wouldn't scare him, I think he has multiple bikes with that many miles.
And it’s in the colour he loves,and it’s a US model too! $1000 Canadian or $750 US. Such a deal!

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
I am still running my scratched oem windscreen. My pillion is tired of being buffeted. If anyone has a spare aftermarket windscreen upgrade in half axed condition.... or maybe some mirror deflectors ....?

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
I am still running my scratched oem windscreen. My pillion is tired of being buffeted. If anyone has a spare aftermarket windscreen upgrade in half axed condition.... or maybe some mirror deflectors ....?
I've got an extra windscreen. It is an after-market one in good shape, but I can't recall which one right off the top. I also have a Laminar lip on it. Let me check my records for the model and then I'll shoot you a PM.

WaterlooJay

R.I.P. - 2021/07/28
Rest In Peace
Bike
2021 BMW RnineT UGS
STOC #
I also have a ST1300 front and back seat up for grabs and a magnetic tank bag.
I will donate 100% of the funds to the ONSTOC event fund.

pics upon request.

Dean. If there’s interest for these items, can I drop them off at your place on Saturday. As I will be at the bike show on Sunday and will not able to attend the Drive2Eat.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Robert, It was Jane's leather jacket, a bit small for you.

The helmet is a Neotec XL Red.

There is a pair of men's leather pants Euro size 44 54
Yes I have matured in stature. No worries. I’m passed the leather pants era too. ;)
Thanks

MerlF

Chuck Welsh
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300AD 2013

Audiovox cruise control server, needs switch gear and vacuum canister
I wonder, do you have the servo unit available for sale, the piece with the dip switches etc.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I wonder, do you have the servo unit available for sale, the piece with the dip switches etc.
Yes I do. What I don’t have is the control switch or the external vacuum canister. $25 US plus shipping. The other hurdle is I’m currently away from home till the 10th of April

MerlF

Chuck Welsh
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300AD 2013
Yes I do. What I don’t have is the control switch or the external vacuum canister. $25 US plus shipping. The other hurdle is I’m currently away from home till the 10th of April
Thanks for responding. Sounds like a plan. Might encroach a bit on my seasons riding but unless I find something in the meantime I am interested in purchasing it. I don't really need the complete unit, just the top piece which includes the circuit board etc. The top piece can be removed quite easily by levering off the four plastic body clips which leaves the bellows and throttle cable behind. Probably be easier and cheaper to ship that way. I see your in Stratford, I am in BC. Would you like a deposit to hold it maybe. If I find another in the meantime, you can keep the deposit.

Attachments

Top Bottom