Symtech heated grips question

DAS

STOC #
Ha, found the install manual for my Symtec heaters. Not a very good copy.

Throttle side is 18/9 watts and clutch side is 23/13 watts (assuming 13 volts). My hands will not stay worm for nutt'n so I've considered wiring them high and both low and high together but I'm thinking Vstrom knuckle protectors instead.

Attachments

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Ha, found the install manual for my Symtec heaters. Not a very good copy.

Throttle side is 18/9 watts and clutch side is 23/13 watts (assuming 13 volts). My hands will not stay worm for nutt'n so I've considered wiring them high and both low and high together but I'm thinking Vstrom knuckle protectors instead.
That's odd. My Symtechs get very hot and I can't usually leave them on high for very long. Of course this is the deep south so the temps are only in the 35 to 55 degree range.

DAS

STOC #
That's odd. My Symtechs get very hot and I can't usually leave them on high for very long. Of course this is the deep south so the temps are only in the 35 to 55 degree range.
Not usually very cold here in the NW either. And yes, my symtech's get hot but clogged arteries or my heart meds or both make my hands cold all the time. I usually wear leather driving gloves and warmer gloves might work but I don't like finding the turn signal and other buttons with extra bulk. I'm guessing that wiring high and low together would cause some problems with the grips and that's why I'm thinking more hand protection.

STDaveNW

Dave
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Not usually very cold here in the NW either. And yes, my symtech's get hot but clogged arteries or my heart meds or both make my hands cold all the time. I usually wear leather driving gloves and warmer gloves might work but I don't like finding the turn signal and other buttons with extra bulk. I'm guessing that wiring high and low together would cause some problems with the grips and that's why I'm thinking more hand protection.
Dan
I saw a Costco today they sell Gerbring heated gear now, battery pack gloves.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Sorry for the false alarm, but thanks for all of the insight!
Here's something else to consider: your left hand comes off the grip frequently as you pull in the clutch for every shift, whereas your right hand stays on the grip at longer stretches coming off to brake.

OP
OP
60HzShuffle
Bike
'09 BMW R1200RT
I'm happy with them now. Rode again today and all is good. The Beemer grips are awesome too.

Top Bottom