Tank Bag Audio Setup

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Here's a few pics of my new farkling! I purchased a Cortech Mini-Tankbag and plan to install a Powerlet connector to it; just waiting for the delivery. I put in it the new Sirius InV radio, the Starcom1 Advance (waiting for delivery), the Motorola GRMS/FRS T7400 2-way radio. All in one nice and messy little package that I can remove from the bike when parked.

I also included a pic of my recently purchased MIO C220 Digiwalker GPS that I saw at Fry's when I went to buy the 2-way radios. I couldn't pass it up! $200 bucks and ready to go out of the box. In fact it seemed so fated that I found out the MIO's holding bracketed platform fitted perfectly a Ram-Mount ball plate I had for my cellphone which I wasn't using. Man! I love it when it all comes together in the cosmos! BTW... Did you guys know that our ST1300's speedometers are off by at least 5-8 miles!? :eek: :( :rolleyes: :D

I'll post more pics when I get all the gear I ordered and setup. Should be sweet and what I like best SIMPLE! Oh yeah, also rode the Sirius today with it just plugged into my helmet speakers! Worked great! Listening to channel 14 and "Free Bird"! Can't get any better than that! And a lot nicer than the fifty songs on my MP3 that I have been listening to over and over and over! Sheesh!

Attachments

Last edited:

Byron

STOC #
Fred,

Looks like you're working on a wining combination there. Compact and portable. I like it. :)

OP
OP
Finewest

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Here's a couple of links to get you inspired. The Powerlet one I think I found from another post here on the forum as the same for the tankbag idea. Boy, some you guys are just too smart! LOL.

Powerlet Tankbag Power Connector

Cortech Mini-Tankbag

For the Powerlet I ordered: 1 - The PowerMate Kit - PTB-006, 1 - SAE/Cigar & Powerlet Y Outlet - PAC-027

Last edited:
Top Bottom