Telesin Helmet mount

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
A great little device that attaches to the chin bar of a full face helmet. It's secure and forms to the shape of the helmet and it's removable. prices range from $5-7.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
The thought of having the camera there in the event of a get-off is a little concerning.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
The thought of having the camera there in the event of a get-off is a little concerning.
I understand....but the goal is to only get off when the bike is parked.....
I tend to only have a camera running on special rides..... to be honest running a camera is a pain, what with batteries running out, forgetting to plug the mic in or when you think the unit is on but it isn’t......

How does the visor seal with that strap in the way? When my visor doesn't seal its very noticeable (read: LOUD).

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
How does the visor seal with that strap in the way? When my visor doesn't seal its very noticeable (read: LOUD).
The straps are very thin the visor closes over them.. you may also have to check the height of your screen, that also has an impact on how load it is in your helmet.

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
I just use the glue on mounts and be done with it. I think the way the guy has his camera mounted would obstruct his view of his dash.
The straps and clips look like the will add to congestion in my helmet. There's already 2 microphones taped to inside the chin i.e. one for the camera and one for my intercom.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Looks good, looking forward to seeing some of your special ride videos! I recently bought a Hero5 package deal and have just started playing with the camera.
Now all I need is a special ride as most have been boring lately.

I subscribed to your Youtube channel so looking forward to this years videos. I just watched your HWY 70 in Kentucky. I'll have to ride that rode some time next summer!

Last edited:
OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I just use the glue on mounts and be done with it. I think the way the guy has his camera mounted would obstruct his view of his dash.
The straps and clips look like the will add to congestion in my helmet. There's already 2 microphones taped to inside the chin i.e. one for the camera and one for my intercom.
I see overtop of the camera to my dash, so it hasn’t been a problem. The straps actually hold my mic in place inside the chin bar, so it does double duty. I too have two mics in my helmet, in the video you only see my Sena mic.
For the most part I agree the glue on mounts are the way to go, having said that, depending on the curvature of the helmet, it can be a challenge to glue them on without modifying the mount. I found this product a good alternative, if one wanted to have a camera from this view point.
The other reason I wanted my camera just a touch further away from my helmet is I can quickly see if it’s actually recording. Sometimes I have to press the remote record button twice to activate record. This happens when the camera goes in sleep mode, press once to wake it,second to record.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Looks good, looking forward to seeing some of your special ride videos! I recently bought a Hero5 package deal and have just started playing with the camera.
Now all I need is a special ride as most have been boring lately.

I subscribed to your Youtube channel so looking forward to this years videos. I just watched your HWY 70 in Kentucky. I'll have to ride that rode some time next summer!
It’s been an interesting learning curve for me. I have found that what appears at the time to be a fantastic video moment sometimes is not the case when I play it back..... it’s getting all the components melding....good sound quality, the subject ride, lighting, weather etc. When it clicks it’s great. I have a lot of respect for those that make it look easy and produce some fine videos. (Like that East Coast fella who also commented in this thread, eh.)
Hwy. 70 was a fun little ride, a little pearl that pops out of nowhere.....

Top Bottom