Tenn Rider - 7/1/2010

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
Re: Tennessee rider killed

Prayers sent for the family and friends.

It seem that this year is the worst I have ever seen as far as deaths on motorcycle.

Ride safe everyone!!!!!!

Bike
2012 GL1800 III

Todd Miles a fellow Tennessee rider was killed on his bike yesterday afternoon while riding some twisties near Cleveland, Tn. Todd loss control and struck a tree.....He will truly be missed.
I just went riding with Todd "Tenn_rider", last week. First time we had met, he was a good rider.. not to fast, not to crazy. He had 3 kids if I remember correctly, x2 in the USAF and 1 in USMC. Most likely riding in the same area we were riding in. AS for "loss control and struck a tree" , he had plugged his rear tire 06-23 when we where riding .. HMMM.. Well to the GOD's by what ever name they go by "THAT SUCK's" . I didn't know him long, but from our conversations on our ride. He dug Uncle Phil and several others on this site.... The irony is, he was telling me about 2 other guys he worked with at the paper plant that had been seriously been injured on the job and he was a little worried about that happening to him, do to the chemicals they used.. ....Todd RIP dude, I'll catcha on the other side...

There you go MOD.. since the actual correct adjective to describe the emotion in any form appears to be improper.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Tenn Rider was Todd's screen name. Been a member since 2006. 47 years old.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends..

Tidrick

Keith B. Tidrick
Bike
2007 Yamaha FJR1300
STOC #
Oh my - what to say but this is heartbreaking news! Todd's family will be in my prayers. My, my, mymymy... :(

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Todd and his wife had breakfast with me at the Fayetteville RTE and they were telling me about how proud they were of their children in the service. He was a great fellow and a real pleasure to ride with. I will miss him as a new friend and my heart and prayers go out to his wife and their children in their great loss of a husband, a father, and a friend.

Bike
'99 ST1100
STOC #
I have known Todd since he started working with me at the mill in 1991. He was well liked in the mill and the local community as well as in the riding world. He loved to ride his ST1300 to work. We often crossed paths in the motorcycle parking lot and discussed riding. He visited our campground a few weeks ago with the Motocampers.com group.

A co-worker told me last night that Todd had apparently highsided into a tree in a tight set of S-curves near the Ocoee River area and died instantly from a broken neck. A county deputy found him about an hour after the crash and said he couldn't see any good reason why it had happened - but the deputy was probably not a rider. What may have been obvious to us may not have registered to him. We will probably never know exactly what happened.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I attended Todd's Memorial Service yesterday in Cleveland, TN and gave Miss Deb a big hug. Where Todd crashed was pretty straight (according to some riders who went by there and are familiar with the spot) so the family thinks he either blacked out or had a heart attack. He was a careful rider from the time I rode with him and Miss Deb. He and Miss Deb have three great kids that are all serving currently in the military - Clinton (USMC), Robby (USAF) and Deana (USAF). And Miss Deb said "At least he was doing something he enjoyed!" Now come the tough days as they and the loving grandkids deal with their great loss. It should remind us that we only have today and we should live it as such.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I attended Todd's Memorial Service yesterday in Cleveland, TN and gave Miss Deb a big hug. Where Todd crashed was pretty straight (according to some riders who went by there and are familiar with the spot) so the family thinks he either blacked out or had a heart attack. He was a careful rider from the time I rode with him and Miss Deb. He and Miss Deb have three great kids that are all serving currently in the military - Clinton (USMC), Robby (USAF) and Deana (USAF). And Miss Deb said "At least he was doing something he enjoyed!" Now come the tough days as they and the loving grandkids deal with their great loss. It should remind us that we only have today and we should live it as such.
Good to hear you could make it Phil... Something easy to explain and that leave no evidence is a deer or some critter... maybe he tried avoiding it and did but that put him in a bad spot.

I hadn't realized it but I met him at Hunt's Lodge during a Motocampers event, we talked for a while about farkles and he really wanted to stay and camp overnight but had to get home, that was back in May.

Very nice guy.

Top Bottom